1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Summer Baby Club 2010

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by im tired, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Congratulations and the very best of luck (and sticky baby glue) to you! May this thread be as popular and successful as the summer 2009 one xx

2. Nicely put Clematis! Thank you x

3. Oh my goodness! A Summer 2010 babies thread! I hope it's as good as the 2009 one! Good luck, im tired, I hope this one's a sticky for you! What will your due date be, roughly? x

4. Congratulations! In a sleep deprived state I was thoroughly confused as I post mostly on the Summer 2009 and seems so weird that there's a 2010 one! I hope everything goes well for you and that this thread proves as popular and helpful to you as the 2009 one was and still is to me. There's some amazing people out there! :) xx

5. mermy

mermy New commenter

im tired, you confused a very tired, sleep deprived new mummy [​IMG] I can't believe that it is already time for a summer 2010 club. I wish you all the best and hope that this will also be a popular thread full of advice and friendship. When is your due date?

6. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I'm guessing your due date will be about June 20 something? I got my positive on Sept 30th, and my EDD was June 6th.
    Amazing that this time last year I was just a few weeks pregnant and now I have a 4 month old little baby boy.
    I hope the Summer 2010 thread will be as good as the 2009 one!

7. thanks for your lovely messages!
    I think im due around 5th July!

can i just ask, how many weeks in did you go and have your first session with the midwife? iv got mine booked for when ill be 7 and a half weeks, but it seems ages away!
    xxx

8. mermy

mermy New commenter

I had mine at 7 or 8 weeks, not sure anymore. It might seem like ages away now but time will fly by. Enjoy every step of your pregnancy and make the most of it. It is great being a mum, but the feeling of a tiny human being growing inside you is simply magical.

9. PurpleSapphire

PurpleSapphire New commenter

Lots of luck to the summer 2010 club! [​IMG] My first mw appointment was about 8 weeks.

10. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

My first midwife appointment was at 11 weeks. I'd already had a scan though as I had some bleeding at 10 weeks.

11. My first MW appointment was booking in at 13+3.
    I saw my practice nurse at 8 weeks.
    What you will quickly find is that there's a postcode lottery on what sort of antenatal provision is offered!

12. seakay

seakay New commenter

Hi there, I hope you won't mind me intruding in to the thread (I'm a man...) we've only just found out that Mrs Seakay is pregnant, this is great news for us as we had just started trying and all.
    Her test says that she's 6 weeks pregnant which fits with when she had her last period.
    To be honest we're very pragmatic people and it still doesn't seem real so we've told ourselves that we won't tell most people til 12 weeks as we understand the first few weeks are very touch and go and want to limit the number of people we may have to have a difficult conversation with - I've not told anyone at all...
    Anyhoo, reading this thread, it seems a number of you have already seen midwives and the like well before 12 weeks, are we being abnormal? It still is all a bit surreal...

13. Yay! Summer baby club, was wondering who would start it. I am 6 weeks today, due I think on the 16th June, seems so long away the mo...
    xx

14. How lovely to have a man on here! Has your wife been to the doctors to tell them she's pregnant? Once you do that they automatically 'sign you up' with the midwife who then gets in touch to make an appointment. Seems like forever ago now but I think my booking in appointment was around 6 or 7 weeks. People usually see the midwife before 12 weeks, 12 weeks is when you will have your first scan. x

15. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

My baby was born on June 16th!! He was due on the 6th though...
    This time last year it did seem so far off.

16. Hello everyone
    I'm apparently due on 23rd June-ish. I'm very excited as we have been trying for a while, but still trying to remain calm in case something goes wrong. Am absolutely shattered - had a four hour 'nap' today! Couldn't believe how long I had been asleep for. hope everyone else is well.

17. How exciting! My sister in law is pregnant too with her second and due on the 28th I think so if I am late (probably its my first) and she is a bit early we could be on the same day! :)

18. Hi All,
    I got a BFP this morning; can't really dare to believe it yet so am hoping I can get some def. confirmation from the midwife (will ring in the morning but realise it might be a while before I get to see her!)
    According to my dates I'm due on 3rd July- a long way away I know but exciting nonetheless!

xxx

19. Congratulation Puffy! Great news!
    Was beginning to wonder where the Summer 2010 club was, hope everyone is ok. Im 6+6 now, starting to feel a bit more real although apart from sore (.)(.) and tiredness had no symptoms, just hope the sickness stays away!
    Polly