1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Summer 2009 Babies Club

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by mermy, Dec 31, 2008.

1. mermy

mermy Occasional commenter

Congratulations Tracy on the safe arrival of your second girl. I admire you, mine is so lively, I couldn't cope with a newborn at the same time.
    Congratulations Chica.
    Runyourrun, the clipping thing that stays in the car? If yes than it is great as it is so easy to get the baby in and out of the car and when yours falls asleep during a journey you can just take him/her out into the house and s/he can continue with sleep.

We got Anders a kitchen for Christmas. It is this one: http://www.elc.co.uk/Red-Retro-Kitchen/118447,default,pd.html
    I only paid £104 though as the box was labelled with a £130 sticker (probably their mistake, but hey ho my customer right) and had a 20% off voucher, so I really got a bargain. Got some accesories that go with it, such as pots and pans, toaster and kettle, play food and tins and in one of those home store shops I found a cute little washing machine as he is obsessed with ours (constantly putting things - cloths, toys, food [​IMG] - in and getting them out again). Thankfully we have a large kitchen/diner where it can go I just didn't want any more to clutter up my living room.
    Actually, what I wanted to ask. What are you doing with outgrown toys? Give away? Store? Sell? Next week I will re-decorate our living room and some of his things have to go, but I don't know if it is worth selling them or just giving them to charity. Has anyone tried netmums for that?

2. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

It's been hard!!! I was feeling really rough 6-12 weeks, just totally exhausted and feeling really sick, probably worse than I was with Jack. Plus I seem to keep getting ill - i had a flu thing, then a sore throat, then I thought I was getting a cold. And i've had to go up North over 3 days for my grandma's funeral. My husband works shifts which does make it harder as one week in two i'm on my own all evening with Jack. Still, it's nearly half term now!! Do you all have half term plans?

3. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

Our pram (icandy apple) had a conversion where you could clip the Maxi Cosi car seat onto the chassis, but we never used it, ever. So, in retrospect, we may have been better off just getting a car seat that's from birth to 4 years, instead of having to buy a new one when he grew out of the maxi cosi. Although, obviously now we will need 2, so I guess it was worth it! When we chose a pram initially I wanted one that could be parent-facing, that had a sturdy and comfortable carry cot bit for the baby, had a pushchair attachment and that would fit into the boot of my Polo!

4. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

Don't the NCT do sales of toys/baby things? Or do you know anyone who's pregnant now who you could give/sell the toys to? I love the kitchen by the way - Jack is also obsessed with the kitchen, the washing machine, the dishwasher, the tumble dryer (he probably 'uses' them more than his daddy does :) ) Needless to say, we bought cupboard locks!!

5. Chica MASSIVE congratulations I am so pleased for you. Emily bless her adores her little sister we have been quite lucky as she has accepted her straightaway and wants to be my little helper.
    Mermy - love the kitchen emily would too so that has got me thinking!

6. mermy

I have never been to an NCT sale. Do you need to be a member? I basically just wonder if it is worth it, no point really if it only gets me a few quid if I can make someone happy and do a good thing by giving it to charity / away. Hm...
    The kitchen is ace, I want to plaaaaaay with it now. Christmas Eve will be fun when we will have to assemble it once he is in bed. It is proper wood and will hopefully last many years. Plus if something happened to it they would replace any parts or if it is beyond repairable they would replace the whole kitchen. ELC warranty is great, so worth the investment.

7. If you're not fussed about selling them, mermy, could you maybe give them to a local toddler or baby group? I've put ours in storage for now, but when we're done with them, that's probably what we'll do.

8. mermy

That's a good idea. I have already donated something to his nursery and I could give them more or the local sure start centre. Will have to see. We just decided to get rid of one of the sofas as we never really use it, so we might keep hold of some of the toys for a little longer.

9. mermy- that is THE kitchen I want, ahem I mean my little girl will want, when she is a bit older!! Jealous! ;-)

10. mermy

He he he... I wish they did an adult version, I could play for hours. How many sleeps till Christmas? :)

11. DJL

DJL

Hi everyone!
    So nice to see you're all still here. I stopped using TES completely (can't remember why!) but am just about to go back to work so thought I'd better get all educational again. Anyway, I'll never have time to read the whole thread to catch up (would have done until last week, but I've just stopped night feeds!), but did just notice a couple of you are on number two! Wow, brave, but congratulations!