1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Summer 2009 Babies Club

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by mermy, Dec 31, 2008.

1. am hoping to join your thread as i am 9weeks preg and due in august but i had a miscarridge at 12 and a half weeks in the summer so i am too scared at the mo-fingers crossed i will be back in a couple of weeks, after my scan as i think its lovely to have people to chat to who are in the same position

x

2. DJL

DJL

Well done those of you who made it through the day at work. I'm afraid I didn't even make it in. Was a training day, so I didn't feel too guilty about it. Have had an awful day - lots of sickness and not feeling any better in between. Husband being great, mum being unsympathetic and telling me 'women put up with these things' and that I 'should be able to manage to get into school'. Yes, I know this, it's not helpful to tell me!! I think I preferred it when only OH and I knew about it.

3. Hello, I'm a bit of a latecomer here but hope you won't mind another one joining!
    I am 8 and a bit weeks - due 14th August and also went back to school today, though mercifully it was only INSET. It's my first pregnancy, and very much planned, so fingers crossed...
    I'll try not to tell until after the '12 week scan' if I can manage not to be sick at school. The teacher in the parallel class does know, which helps a lot, if only in terms of sympathy! Toying with the idea of going on ML May half term (the earliest I could
    go). This job is hard enough normally, never mind with a gigantic bump.
    Have been suffering pretty constant nausea for about 3 weeks now - right through making Christmas sweets with my class, Christmas dinner, everything! Poor husband is having to do all food preparation at the moment (usually my domain), as the thought alone makes me feel sick. I've really been quite worried about going back to school this term -
    just don't know how I'm going to cope as I had a pretty disastrous
    Christmas. Didn't do any of my marking and the bare minimum of planning
    as I was just sitting around feeling exhausted, sick and sorry for
    myself most of the time! I suppose we just have to plunge in and hope for the best.

Current Cravings - thai curry, hot dogs
    Aversions - tea and coffee (usually love them!)
    Here's to us all having a smooth first week of term...fingers crossed!

4. mermy, that ultrasound link is amazing.

DJL, don't worry, at least you have a supportive OH [​IMG]

Jenlem, I thought I was alone in my thai curry craving! Mr NL has promised to get in supplies! Sausages make me sick though...

5. I'm amazed someone else has the thai curry thing too!
    (I haven't admitted it to OH yet...he bought and cooked sea bass this evening, which would normally have been heaven, but to be honest it just turned my stomach)

6. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

Yum, I love Thai curry but I wouldn't say I have a craving for it! Luckily my husband has a Thai aunt and she makes the best curry.
    I read somewhere that you shouldn't eat hot dogs when you're pregnant, although maybe they just mean the ones you can buy from stands. Probably because they're made from pigs' trotters and other bits! lol.
    I had an aversion to tea and coffee for a while but am fine with them now.
    The only food that I really wouldn't feel like eating would be greasy things like burgers, fish 'n' chips etc, but that's stuff that I wouldn't eat usually anyway.

7. mermy

mermy Occasional commenter

Morning ladies,

mmmmmhhhhhh, Thai Curry. Right, that is tea sorted for tonight. Have a fab day at work! Try not to fall asleep, throw up or burst into tears [​IMG]

8. mermy

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that it will go well this time. I read that after 8 weeks there is only a 5% risk of mc, so you hopefully have made it.

9. Hi,

this thread is great! I found out I was pregnant xmas eve but don't really know how many weeks probably 6-8 (cycles have been bizarre!). Also got engaged xmas day so a very eventful xmas!

We have told family and I had to tell my friend at school yesterday!

I don't really know what happens next. Dr said midwife will ring this weds and arrange a home visit. Is this normal?

First day back wasn't too bad. I went to bed at 8 last night but I could only manage 9 before I was pregnant so there isn't much hope for me!

Haven't been sick but feel sick quite a lot of the time. The only things I really fancy are really bad for me which isn't good. The thought of a lot of food makes me feel sick.

I guess this is normal but I'm always worrying that soemthing will go wrong.

Anyway, have a good day everyone x x I could just go back to bed now!

10. Congratulations. I am also 7 weeks and also due on the 22nd August. I got married on 2nd August 2008 so everything has been a whirlwind. Not got my first appt til 26th Jan! Told everyone at work as my job involves a lot of lifting. I am an 'old' first timer at 37 so a bit scared too but determined to enjoy every minute!!

11. I can't keep anything down- not even water. If I'm not lying down, I feel sick :(

12. Congratulations to you all,

I found out on new years day that i was expecting!! Still in shock as we had only just started to try - so now OH thinks he has turbo sperm!! (Sorry if TMI!!)

I think I'm only 5 weeks, so getting quite worried about any twinge I get. Thankfully no sickness yet although obviousy still very early days!!

Meeting MW on thw 29th and we're not going to tell anyone until at least then.

Hope you are all feeling well

C xx

13. I brought my breakfast back up this morning and have been sick a couple of times since. So much for being lucky with 'morning' sickness... That's what you get for being smug about having no symptoms...! [​IMG]

I am a little concerned though, as I am 11 weeks tomorrow and this is the first time I've been sick - not even really felt sick before. Is this normal?!

Still dragged my lazy ass into school, though. Martyr!

14. mermy

Hi Raggles, I also found out Christmas Eve. Was the best present ever! Yes it is normal for the midwife to contact you. She will visit you and fill hundreds (no exaggeration!) of forms in and tell you everything you need to know. It was a very good meeting and put my mind a bit at rest.

SNM, we got the same due date. Well for now. He he, we can race for the finish line at the end. I really want it to be on time and still an August baby. Even if it means 'using' merman for a certain purpose [​IMG]

Cheeky, turbo sperm - he he he

Hugs to everyone who has been sick this morning. Mossop, I think it is fine, but if you want to put your mind at rest then better call your MW. I have been sick a few times, but not sick as such. Bascially not throwing up, just feeling weird for a few minutes. I am sooooo hungry today. Roll on 3.30 and then straight cooking at home. I will have a curry, you lot here have made me want one tonight. Yummy yummy yummy I got love in my tum.my

15. Ach, it's normal apparently. Hope it doesn't last long, I hate being sick! Have felt better since lunchtime though!

I'm really annoyed, am sitting at my computer at work - writing reports - and the b**gers have only gone and switched the heating off! My room is absolutely freezing and I really didn't want to have to take these reports home to finish. [​IMG]

16. Well, today I took a deep breath and told the Head....................... and she was lovely.

It's all starting to seem very real!

I'm 12 weeks today but scan not for another few weeks (have I said that already?!) so still intend to keep it as quiet as possible until then.

I'm finding that eating small bits throughout the day, especially carbohydrate, is REALLY helping the nausea. I'll probably gain pounds (crumpets slathered in butter currently top of the list - I eat one whenever I start to feel queasy) but at least I'll have a good fat storage for when I'm too big to fit anything else inside me [​IMG]

Mossop, I had a couple of isolated sick mornings, they coincided with having taken soluble panadol the night before when I had flu. Maybe you're under the weather or something has disagreed with you? I hope it doesn't last long for you.

17. mermy

Mossop, go home and warm up there are more important things. Reports can be done later.

Well done on telling, nl. I will go shopping in a bit and stack up on some carb food to keep me going during the day. I felt very dizzy during the last lesson and I sat down and gave the pupils work to do. I couldn't wait to get home and eat. I just had my curry. Mmmmhhh!

18. Well aparantely fanta is teh answer. I normally hate teh stuff, in fact anything fizzy, but it is the only fluid I can keep down. I even threw up water this morning.
    Ah well, the kids will think I am mad sitting at my desk with a 2 ltr bottle of fanta!
    I told the head today as I am returning to work after time off last term (unrelated) she was really pleased for me. I was gonna wait until 12 weeks to tell everyone, but I can't help myself, I told another close friend today!
    Back to school for me tomorrow!

19. I'm the same dianaprince, I can't keep the secret. There are loads of people that know!
    I'm finding fizzy Orange Lucozade quite good if you're looking for a Fanta alternative - although it's probably worse for you! Hope you feel better soon x

20. mermy

I also told three at school already, I couldn't help it. Enjoy your Fanta and other orange drinks today. I will enjoy my decaff tea.

I thought I'd share my sleep diary for last night:

9pm: went to bed

11pm: woke up to go to the loo

2am: woke up to go to the loo

3am: woke up after a weird dream

4am: still awake after weird dream, go to the loo

5.30am: alarm rings, time to get up

I am having a scenario like this almost every night, it is driving me mental. I want to sleep!!! Can't wait for the weekend, I will lock myself in and just stay in bed.