1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Summer 2009 Babies Club

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by mermy, Dec 31, 2008.

1. DJL

DJL

I'm jealous some of you are craving food! It all makes me feel sick, even just thinking about it. I'm finding that once I've been sick, I feel much better though, but not being sick till the evenings.
    I managed to plan next week's lessons yesterday, but haven't been able to face any today. I had loads of extra work to do too, that I'd planned to do over the holiday, but none of it has happened. I'm sure I'll catch up when this sickness goes.
    Nearly need another new bra!!!

2. I need a new bra, but I am too paranoid to buy one in case it junxs things!
    I get sick in morning and evening. Been to nandos with my sister and finally found something I wanted to eat.
    My sister (who is training to be a midwife!) brought me this great book from a women who unprepared found herself pregnant

3. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I've thought of a few names, but we're going to have a proper think when we find out the sex. My hubby's mum keeps suggesting loads of names, but they're all hideous! It's hard to think of names as i always picture some child at school with the name, and it puts me off!
    I got my first maternity clothes yesterday - a dress and some jeans. The jeans have stretchy bits at the sides and even unstretched are too big at the moment. Everyone keeps saying that I look no different yet and it's amazing that I am 18 weeks. I think that's normal though, and you start looking properly pregnant at about 20 weeks.
    I'm quite impressed with myself because I did my planning on Tuesday for practically the entire week, and I also did some marking. I am not usually that organised! I'm dreading school though because I know i will get tired easily. Oh well, I've worked out i've only got 17 school weeks left until I start maternity leave [​IMG] I plan on finishing at May half term (the 22nd) but putting the day after half term as my first day of maternity leave. So the 22nd May is 2 weeks before my due date, so I hope I can cope for that long!
    I'm hoping to be able to go to the gym as long as possible too. I lost 3 stone last year and got really fit, so I don't want to suddenly turn into a beached whale because I am pregnant! lol. I've still been managing the gym 3 or 4 times a week, except for when I had flu.

4. Hi everyone, a few familiar names on here [​IMG]

It's now nearly the end of my 11th week, although my first scan isn't until the end of January.

I'm starting to show enough for family to comment, and finding a bra to accomodate the canon balls that were once my boobs is proving an ongoing challenge! I'm actually getting nervous about just how big they're going to get because I'm really uncomfortable at the moment and it's still so early.

Still finding that nausea is a problem and also mood swings, although generally baby thoughts = excitement; work thoughts = apathy and resulting anxiety (having done nothing at all). I usually enjoy work but I think my nesting instinct has kicked in because work has become a very annoying distraction.

I've bought a couple of maternity t-shirts, mostly to accomodate the canon balls, which will grow with me. I haven't tried my work trousers on yet and you've got me thinking that I'd better check as my waist is a couple of inches wider than it was when I was last there - maybe some sale shopping isn't such a bad idea :)

nl x

5. Hello everyone!
    I'm eight weeks today and English seconday teacher.
    We have been trying for two and half years to conceive and were going on IVF waiting list in feb so are truly delighted!
    So far I have had very few symptoms. Slightly sore nipples and tiredness, but no sickness or nausea. I am due to see my midwife on 12th Jan and have 10 week dating scan on 16th Jan. Can't wait for the next couple of weeks to pass. Am becoming slightly obsessed with surfing the net and coming across horror stories, so this is a really welcome alternative. Thanks.
    It will be lovely to chat with you all,
    Best wishes for a happy and healthy time,
    Satsuma
    xxx

6. Congrats satsuma, you must be delighted! [​IMG]
    I've felt really tired today which is rubbish. I was trying to get back into a routine before going back to work tomorrow but I just couldn't get out of bed this morning! I really don't know how I'm going to cope with getting up at 7am tomorrow! [​IMG]
    The good news is that I've managed to get *loads* of marking done and have almost finished marking all the essays that the kids wrote before Christmas, so I'm delighted about that! I've got reports due on Wednesday though, which I've hardly started (I've put their grades in and all the attendance and behaviour stuff - but not really started with the comments). I'd done my planning for this week in the last week of term which was ridiculously well organised of me - but I've now forgotten what I was going to be doing and have left my planner at school. So will have to go in a bit earlier than usual tomorrow... Ah well.
    Must try and get an early night tonight!

7. PurpleSapphire

PurpleSapphire New commenter

Hello, its been so long since I've been on this site I can't get my head round the new layout [​IMG]

I am 5 weeks & 2 days pregnant, and my baby is due (estimated) September 4th! I thought it was excellent timing to have my summer off and start maternity leave at the start of the new school year but I've found out we don't go back until the 7th... I think I might be able to start 1st Sept though???

8. Hey Iisa! That is the day after me! You can start maternity leave on any date, even during the hoidays. I am planning on starting mine on 1st Sept.

9. Oh, at the moment I am so tired that I coud literally sleep all day. We went for a walk and I had to go behind a tree and be sick- ewww!

10. PurpleSapphire

Hi Diana, I remember your name from when I used to post [​IMG] I would like to start on 1st September too.

11. PurpleSapphire

I have the tiredness & I keep going to the loo but I haven't had sickness yet *touch wood* I don't know what its going to be like for tiredness when we are back at work. [​IMG]

12. mermy

mermy Occasional commenter

Hello to all the newcomers! We are growing, just like our beans [​IMG]

The midwife visited me yesterday. It was really nice. There was a lot of paperwork to fill in and she explained all the procedures but it was really interesting. She also left me a lot to read. He he, there was even a booklet for men, so I straight passed it on to merman. It says lovely things such as "be patient with your partner... understand her emotional outbursts". Fab! I have an excuse now [​IMG]

I am at school at the moment (free lesson) but this morning proved already so hard. I was very teary first lesson (thankfully was able to hold it back) and was dizzy in second. The next months are going to be fun (not).

Ah well, hope you are all ok. Hugs to everyone x

13. mermy

Oh, and I forgot to mention: Today I wore my blazer for the first time after the holiday. As soon as I tried to close the button it popped and fell off. Oooops, boobs got too big.

Gosh, I am really trying to keep myself awake by typing here, but all I want to do is sleep. [​IMG]

14. Oh dear this is hard going isn't it... how long until half term?!

I didn't sleep very well last night - I never do on the last day before going back - and managed to crawl downstairs to have some breakfast at 7am. Felt rough as hell - like I had the hangover of doom. Had my Coco Pops and felt a little bit better so managed a shower. Got to work somehow (after defrosting the car for ages) and have managed to teach 3 lessons. Have a free now and feel like I'm going to collapse.

Dear husband made me an egg mayo sandwich for lunch which is really not appealing at the moment...

Hope you all feel a bit better than I do!

15. mermy

Only six weeks, mossop. Don't forget that. And the first day is almost over.

I am starting to wake up after a hot soup. Lunchtime almost over and then two bottom-sets year 9 in the afternoon. Argh! If you don't like your sandwich, we can swap. I can offer a banana and various soups.

16. I hope you both survived the afternoon and that everyone else's day has been manageable x We had a training day today so I feel OK but as I kept dropping things and going round in circles, I'm still feeling a bit apprehensive about tomorrow!!

I stopped on the way home and bought lots of munchies to keep in my classroom as I really can't eat much in one sitting and after only having a small lunch, I felt really rough by the end of the day!

Also realised that my maternity leave could start at May half term, which feels STRANGE. That makes it all seem scarily close!

17. mermy

Got through and straight dinner, I was starving. One day less. Hope you all have a good evening.

NL, you can count down the days soon, really close.

18. Yip, I made it through! Felt a lot better in the afternoon despite having 2 periods with S4 horrors...they were ok though, probably more tired than me if that's possible!
    I'm hoping to be able to hold out until the summer holidays for ML (they start on the 3rd of July up here) which would mean I'd be leaving 3 and a bit weeks before my due date. Fingers crossed I can do that as then my ML wouldn't officially have to start until I actually give birth, as far as I'm aware. [​IMG]

19. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

One day down, 5 weeks and 4 days to go [​IMG]
    What a crappy day though....I couldn't sleep last night and just kept waking up so I was knackered before I even got to school. I was free first lesson but then had to do a Y11 Science cover (vile class) at the last minute as the teacher had gone home sick. I think if I had that class every week i'd probably be sick too!
    My other classes were just too chatty and i'm just fed up with this behaviour at Chav High.
    I was planning on leaving at May half term (22nd May) and hope that I can last for that long. If the pay wasn't so **** i'd leave earlier than that.

20. mermy