1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sulking!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by snowymerlin, Nov 10, 2011.

1. I can't quite believe that you have ignored the calls!!

2. Nor can I! I'll have to bite the bullet and phone them tomorrow. I'm not in a position financially to turn down supply and it's all experience.

3. lilykitty

lilykitty New commenter

I understand how you feel. We're always running around trying to make a good impression with our positive faces on, being professional trying to get a job and all the while other people get to make all the decisions about whether we actually get what we want so badly and we're expected to keep smiling no matter what. I think you ignored the phone so that you could be the one making the decisions for a change.
    Having said that, you're right - you do need to get over yourself now you've had your moment, and give them a ring. Don't forget to sound positive when you do! [​IMG]

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Sorry, but yes you do! Stop acting like a petulant child and more like a responsible adult.
    If you know who was ringing (presumably through caller ID), after the first time why didn't you pick up?
    So get on that phone tomorrow, call them on the pretext about noting on your answerphone messages that they'd tried to ring you and you are awfully sorry you weren't able to pick up the phone but was there something important they wanted to communicate?
    Most people know supply is so sparse, you never refuse these day , even if you'd had an appalling time last time. Some people haven't had any phone calls this term and would bite their hand off to get work. So if you're not careful, you will have #shot yourself in the foot# and someone else will have jumped in and got the 'regular work'.
    They WERE offering you regular work so as you yourself know