1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suits - where do you buy yours from?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by way2serious, May 28, 2011.

1. Do you wear a suit for school? If so where do you buy from.I need a couple of new ones and I am really struggling to find something I like.
    Sorry, I forgot to say, I am talking about ladies' suits rather than gents!!

2. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

I have often wondered where the "suits" come from that <strike>*** up</strike> "run" businesses, government and more latterly schools and colleges. As they all seem to have very similar personalities, I can only conclude that they emerge fully formed from that vat of gloop on Dr Who having been cloned from amorphous unfeeling personality lacking gunge.

3. Well i am certainly not a 'ganger' from the Dr Who gloop!! I have been on the Next website and ordered a couple of suits. So fingers crossed for when they arrive. I've never looked in Jigsaw or Hobbs and so will try there as well. Thanks for all the suggestions.

4. I don't really wear suits, but I too have seen some nice ones in Hobbs. OP - instead of an actual suit, you could always wear a nice shift dress with a matching jacket? Just as smart.

5. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

I have a machine-washable one from M and S and one from Burton - they're both really not that bad, they both contain wool/cotton/lycra. I have a dry-clean only one from Next which is much nicer looking. I find drycleaning a bit of a faf...
    MM

6. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Edinburgh Wool Mill [​IMG]
    Makes me feel ancient!