1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suitcase repairs

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lapinrose, Feb 7, 2011.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Both large suitcases now have damage, one has a wheel missing and the other has a support foot missing. Damage caused by clumsy baggage handlers at an airport. Where can we go to get it done?

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Both large suitcases now have damage, one has a wheel missing and the other has a support foot missing. Damage caused by clumsy baggage handlers at an airport. Where can we go to get it done?

3. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

The slums of Mumbai.

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

Is it worth it? We've just said a fond farewell to a battered 20-yr-old Samsonite [yes, they're worth it in the long run] because replacing the zip would have cost more than buying a replacement.

5. Can you give me more details.

6. lurk_much

I watched a program about slums, one of the thriving businesses was putting wheels on suitcases, mainly children doing it, a quid a day. It was much better than starving or the child sex trade though.

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

First get your suitcase to Mumbai.

8. inky

inky Lead commenter

Sorry, that sounded flip and lurk was making a serious point.

9. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Well, my question was a serious one, I don't want to throw away 2 perfectly good suitcases if I could have them repaired.

No politics please, just a straightforward reply, if anyone has one!

10. lurk_much

Have you tried Mr Minit (sp)?

11. inky

inky Lead commenter

The thing is, lapinrose, they're not perfectly good suitcases anymore.They're broken. Even if they're repaired, they're be fragile and you won't quite trust them.
    No politics and 100% straightforward!

12. blazer

blazer Star commenter

So can you make one good one by cannibalising the other?

13. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Easy. Just book a BA flight to Paris.