1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suitable winter shoes for women

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by SM_BSc, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Hi,

I'm hopefully starting my PGCE in September. I have a few pairs of smart shoes but they are mainly ballet type or suede mocassins. These will not be suitable at all in winter so just wondering which kind would be okay for teachers? Because at the moment for winter I just have leather calf boots (tan) and military boots (black). Oh and I never wear skirts, only trousers, usually on the slim side.

2. Hi,

I'm hopefully starting my PGCE in September. I have a few pairs of smart shoes but they are mainly ballet type or suede mocassins. These will not be suitable at all in winter so just wondering which kind would be okay for teachers? Because at the moment for winter I just have leather calf boots (tan) and military boots (black). Oh and I never wear skirts, only trousers, usually on the slim side.

3. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

Unless it's snowing you don't really need different shoes - most schools have central heating in the winter!
    Boots shouldn't be an issue as long as they're not too casual.
    Or go to your local show shop and have a browse around more wintery style shoes until you find a pair you like!

4. Okay, I think the calf ones would be too casual.
    I also have these 2 pairs:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Hello,
    I think with your shoes it is also necessary legwarmer for warming. As a teacher I suggest you for legwear from stee letas which is very comfortable and stylist as a teacher as like me.