1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suitable 'pop' song for play in class

Discussion in 'Primary' started by groovyshell83, Feb 12, 2011.

1. groovyshell83

groovyshell83 Occasional commenter

Hi, I really like the idea of having music playing in the mornings as the children come in and settle down to work etc but so many songs are unsutiable. I don't really want classical playing all the time so wondered if anyone knew of any suitable songs that I could have playing. I am not bothered if they are current or older - a wide variety is better. Please give me song titles and artists. Thanks

2. You could use the singup website, they have lots of songs for children.

3. groovyshell83

are they songs that children will know? or asmebly type songs?

4. I download well known pop songs without the lyrics - I suppose they'd be karaoke versions.

5. groovyshell83

good thinking sapphire

6. thepinkrachael

thepinkrachael New commenter

I quite often use a pop-type song for our tidy up song, I choose something linked to our topic. I have had a range of songs, I just listen first to make sure they are ok to use!

7. How about 'A Little Less Conversation' by Elvis... [​IMG]

8. With my year 2 class for dancing I use:
    Elvis, a little less conversation
    Kung Fu Fighting (I explain it is a non contact dance and they love this one)
    Cha Cha Slide
    several tracks by Jackson Five
    Scissors Sisters Don't Feel like Dancing
    Dolly Parton Nine to GIve
    Ghostbusters (their absolute favourite)
    September by Earth, Wind and Fire
    YMCA
    For calming music I use relaxing classical and tracks like Simon and G Bridge over Troubled Water, Kate Bush Wuthering Heights, Glen Miller slow tracks etc.

9. The soundtrack from Curious George is great. It's by Jack Jackson and friends.