1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suicide

Discussion in 'Personal' started by jubilee, Dec 22, 2011.

1. joli2

joli2 New commenter

I'm really sorry to hear that Theo, it must be truly awful to live with.

2. I'm so sorry to hear the stories on here. I do agree that, even if your son had gone to lodge with her, it might not have made much difference to the outcome if she was so depressed she had planned to take her own life. One of my friend's ex boyfriend had a twin brother. He had struggled with problems related to cannabis throughout his sixth form and university years but had stopped using it. The whole family went on holiday to Canada where they had relatives. He seemed really happy and like he didn't have anything that was troubling him at all. He told his mother he was going out for an early morning walk before breakfast-he never returned and was found hanged from a tree 45 minutes later by his twin brother who had gone out to look for him to tell him breakfast was ready. His twin brother has encountered psychological problems ever since, frequently having nightmares and, for almost a year, he would not look at himself in the mirror as he looked so much like his brother and looking at his reflection distressed him. My thoughts are with everyone affected by these stories on here.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Theo, a really big hug to you and Mrs T on this day full of sad memories.
    This side of heaven we never understand the reasons why.

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

These events are so sad. Good wishes to all.

5. My heartfelt sympathy and empathy to all those affected - we too have a daughter currently struggling with severe depression, and a friend who lost her daughter to it a year ago. I don't usually post on these threads, but Theo's brave post has prompted me to do so.

6. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Anyone affected by this has my deepest sympathy. It's really hard. ((((Theo)))), and anyone else affected by this.

7. So sorry to hear this Theo - your son must have really really loved his girlfriend. Incredibly so.
    I think reading these personal stories makes one realise how important life and people are.
    Love is a Great Thing. Perhaps the Greatest Thing there is. And Priceless.

8. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Theo - so sorry to read about your son.
    My post earlier this evening seems to have disappeared into the ether.
    I couldn't sleep last night and was still up at 3am when my son arrived back home. He met up with all his friends but information was scarce. He has found out today that she wasn't at home. She'd gone back to her boyfriend's place on Tuesday night and he found her on Wednesday morning.
    It can't have been pre-meditated as she had made arrangements to be picked up by friends on Thursday for the journey back to this neck of the woods for Xmas.