1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions please

Discussion in 'Personal' started by notmeanymore, Aug 28, 2011.

1. So, the dog and my blackberry have had a coming together this afternoon and my blackberry has come off much, much worse. No mobile phone insurance and I'm only 4 months into a 24 month contract. What do I do as I can't afford a new phone?

2. langteacher

langteacher New commenter

get your dog a chewy stick to chew on!
    Been there done that!! Not with a mobile but mine went through a few things they were not supposed to!

3. Looby_Lou14

Looby_Lou14 New commenter

Is your SIM ok? All I can suggest is that supermarkets (and phone shops to some extent) do sell cheap pay as you go phones that you should be able to put your SIM in (I have done this before!) for example: http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.210-6272.aspx Good luck!!

4. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Have you tried your home contents insurance? You never know, you might be covered (here's hoping)...

5. He has loads of chew toys and rawhide chews. Don't know what happened today.

6. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I've had a bottle of coke leak all over a mobile phone which was on a contract. The contract covered a replacement so perhaps check yours.

7. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

What did you do with your phone prior to this contract? Can't you put the SIM in that?

8. Mazuma mobile gave me some £ for it, so unfortunately not an option.

9. Could you maybe find one on eBay? To be honest, unless your home contents works as another poster usefully suggested you're left with buying another phone. When you get a contract they normally ask you about insurance, did you say you didn't want it?

10. If you have a 'premium' bank account you may have coverage through that too, worth a look.

11. langteacher

your home contents wont cover it am almost certain, if youhave pet insurance that will cover it....unless you say you stood on it or something and then claim onthe house insurance

12. You'd have to pay the excess if you were able to claim on household insurance. Better to get a cheap phone for £10.

13. langteacher

very good point!

14. I have a samsung phone which cost £7. Does all I need it to do - and doesn't matter too much if it goes through the washing machine like the last one did!

15. Yes, buy a £10 one and never buy an expensive one again!
    I have a cheapy one and a not so cheapy one that came with the contract. I lost it for 6 months (stuck under the car seat) but didn't really care cos the cheapy one works! I was almost upset to have the shiny one back!

16. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Sell the dog and use the proceeds towards a new phone?