1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions please!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Bahli, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Any suggestions for a wow starter for topic on famous people? All I got so far is quiz - guess who the famous person is type thing - or get TA or self to dress up as someone and let them ask us questions. Wish I knew somebody famous!!

2. Any suggestions for a wow starter for topic on famous people? All I got so far is quiz - guess who the famous person is type thing - or get TA or self to dress up as someone and let them ask us questions. Wish I knew somebody famous!!

3. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

Along a similar vein you could have items in a sack that gives clues on who the famous person is. The children could come and pick things out of the sack and then have a guess.

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

What about a set of 'clues' to the person's identity? e g a book (What does this suggest? - writer/ person involved with print etc.), number 221 ( What might these numbers be? -address part of phone number etc.),magnifying glass (what might this indicate about the person? -careful observer, scientist etc), pipe & deerstalker hat etc. . .

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

To cally1980. "you could have items in a sack that gives clues on who the famous person
    is. The children could come and pick things out of the sack and then
    have a guess."
    Great minds think alike. Just posted my answer & you just beat me to it!
    <h2> </h2>

6. Thanks guys - great ideas! [​IMG]

7. mprimaryz

mprimaryz New commenter

Get them all to come in dressed as a famous person. Set a few restrictions. You could even make it criptic e.g. wear clues to who they are rather than the actual obvious outfit.