1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions, please - Leaving gift for whole staff

Discussion in 'Primary' started by KrazyKat, Jan 30, 2012.

1. KrazyKat

KrazyKat New commenter

I am leaving my current job at half term after many happy and eventful years at my school. It has become the tradition that departing teachers purchase a gift for the school. Sometimes the gift is for the whole school, such as new trophies for celebration assemblies; other gifts have been for the staff, such as a new toaster or mugs for the staffroom. I would like to get something thoughtful and useful for colleagues that have become friends, but am stuck for ideas! Appliances, crockery and cutlery have been done to death, and other ideas I've had, such as a coffee machine, coast more than I can afford.

I've also thought about buying ICT resources like pocket camcorders for children and staff to use but if I want to buy more than one, I can only afford very basic models which may not be very good quality. I'm happy to spend about £50. Does anyone have any great ideas for me?

Thanks in advance!

2. How about a hamper full of different coffees, teas and luxury biscuits to start the new term.

3. What about an apple tree (or pear!) for the grounds? One of our teachers did this for us a few years ago and we all share in the tree, by view or fruit during the year. We put a plaque on it so all visitors know where it came from .

4. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

How about a delivery of cakes, to arrive every Wednesday, for half a term?

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

COOL pressie!

6. roise

roise New commenter

What about a subscription to a magazine for the staff room?

7. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

Bumper pack of teaspoons - if your staffroom is anything like ours!

8. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

Sorry - just re-read your original post.
    (How often do I moan at the kids for not reading the question properly!)