1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for songs for talents assembly

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Blythe, Nov 14, 2008.

1. I'm doing a class assembly soon, which has a message of using your talents and trying your best at everything. I'm struggling to come up with ideas for songs to use in the assembly. So far the ideas I have come up with are:

Take That - Shine

S Club 7 - Reach

Heather Small - Proud

Ideally, I'd like quite recent songs to use, but all time classics could be good too.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!!

2. Anyone, please?!

3. Hi - those all sound really good! This might be cheeky & sorry in advance, but just wondering what your plan was for the assembly - I need to do the same one next week & can't think of what to do for it that's not complicated (new class, no ICT, music etc!!)

4. Slightly different suggestion but have you come across Fischy Music? They produce a book called 'Build Up' http://www.fischy.com/shop/songbooks/build-up-songbook/ and it has two songs which might be appropriate. One is 'You are a star' and the other is 'I'm the only I'. Both songs are basically about being special and everyone has their something to offer.

5. Thanks for these, I'm doing a class assembly in a few weeks and wanted to display our talents, I've been searching for good songs for the class to sing, had completely forgotten about 'Reach'!
    You've saved me a lot of searching time [​IMG]

6. What about that one from Glee? Don't stop believing by Journey.
    Many of the Glee songs are quite good because they have ben 'sanitised.'