1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for my Math YouTube Channel

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by teachersatyaprakash, Jun 3, 2018.

1. teachersatyaprakash

teachersatyaprakash New commenter

Good day guys,

I am a High School Mathematics teacher in Thailand. This academic year, I have started to make videos on YouTube relating to Mathematics. Topics covered will be Topics from the Manitoba curriculum Syllabus for Year.6 students and also other High school relevant topics. Since I just started my YouTube channel and Mathematics is no the genre of many people so getting my videos out there is pretty tough. My goal is to let me videos go out there in the online world so it could help students out :)

Below is my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherSatya

Any feedback or and constructive criticism is more than welcome :)

Thanks

Satya

2. armandine2

armandine2 Established commenter

You might try to find questions for your student audience illustrative of knowledge, general rather mathematical, that you would like to, or think important to know. That is, in effect, have interesting content that the maths applies to. These questions are usually harder to come by than is imagined - but worth looking out for. The choice admittedly is subjective but it is justified by its objective quality.

teachersatyaprakash likes this.
  3. teachersatyaprakash

Thanks so much for your kind suggestions. Will definitely keep that in mind and do a video something like that :)

4. armandine2

armandine2 Established commenter

As an example of this approach - albeit more suited to a differential calculus class than your Y6 curriculum - consider a 400 metre (perimeter) running track: made from a rectangle/quadrilateral and two semi-circles, it has a rectangle whose area is maximized (with 100 metre straights). That, I would say, has some objective value. It is though only occasionally mentioned in textbooks. Finding examples from the "real world" would I suspect get you more viewers.

5. teachersatyaprakash

Actually one of my next topics that I will be covering is Perimeter/Area in which can relate to real life. Also planning to do some Vedic Maths videos in which they can solve questions much easier by learning a few tricks. Thanks so much for your suggestion.