1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

suggestions for itchy c section scar??!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by lilachardy, Apr 28, 2011.

1. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Bio oil?

2. Was also going to say bio oil. My mum suggested it to me as she used it on a scar she had after an op

3. Mrs Music

Mrs Music New commenter

Mine itched like mad; I used to put sudocream on it which did relieve it (and there was always plenty to hand!) x

4. My HV told me to do this for stiches 'down below' but it might work for scar too...Tea Tree oil in bath...put 3 or 4 drops into a cup of milk and mix it with bath. Milk ensures that oil mixes with bath water rather than just sitting on top. Very soothing and have used since because it is good for all little scratches etc...dunno might help!!

5. kittenjames

kittenjames New commenter

Thank-you ladies, I'm going to try all of them until the itching stops! Grrr x

6. Aloe vera gel which you can get from holland and barrett is amazing. My cousin had a chemical reaction explode in his face and this really helped it heal. To be honest mine itched for ages and it took 10 months before I could wear normal knickers!

7. wilkinson do a much cheaper version of bio oil called rescue oil. it has the same ingredients, looks the same etc (ornage oil). i used it during my first pg and got no stretch marks, i also used it on scars from an op ten years before and they are much less angry than they were. x

8. Poundland or pound world do it for a pound as well - just like bio oil.