1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for Hardy's pink crest fizz

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by The Pobble, Apr 10, 2011.

1. We have a bottle that has lurked in the fridge so long we don't even see it any more!
    (I know how hard it is to believe it, but it is true).

Now, I love making a meal out of starters and John Lewis reckons it goes well with a selection of appetisers!
    So my question, Oh Foodie Chums (OFCs) is what selection of appetisers would you make to go with it?
    I have a fortnight to plan, buy and make, so no rush! Recipes will be required if you wish your suggestion to be included.
    On your marks, get set (wait for it), GO:

2. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

I'd help, but to be honest, I'd probably drink it whilst contemplating starters...[​IMG]

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I'd go for those little blini things with smoked salmon & cream cheese.
    But I'm a lazy cheat and I'd buy them at M&S! *smack*

4. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Appetisers in our house normally consist of crisps, marinated anchovies from the deli counter and slices of salami!

5. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Mmmmmmm, marinated anchovies! [​IMG]
    How about some fresh, big prawns (shell on), boil and shell them (leaving tail intact for holding purposes) and serve with fresh garlic mayonnaise dip?
    God I'm starving now.

6. Alli Olli is on the list.
    Anything with salmon is off (eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuck!).
    I might have a squint through a fishy book.... prawns, squids etc sound just about right to me at the mo! If the weather holds, or comes back next weekend.

7. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Gougère.

8. Same to you!

9. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

MMmmm...gougère. I could see that working well with the pink fizz, actually.

10. Ah, ((Belle)) Happy Anniversay
    I don't drink pink fizz instead of champers.
    I just like its fruitiness and edge of sweetness with summer/seafood far more than I do champagne.
    Happily my favourite citrussy champagne is quite affordable, I'd recommend it, it's called Tsarine. I must grab one or two for our anniversary later in the year (22 years married, 27 together).

11. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Happy anniversary Belle!
    We were given a bottle of champagne for our wedding and its on the wine rack in the kitchen calling out to me!
    When Mr EG can go for more than half an hour without falling asleep on me (some honeymoon I'm having!), then we'll open it and have a toast to each other.
    Pobs, why not wait until strawberries are in season and dip those in your fizz?

12. Strawberries???
    Done!
    I'll wait for the real ones - the plastic ones are in the shops now, not to be tasted!

13. egyptgirl

They should be banned from being sold in this country!
    One thing I will do is make a batch of strawberry and loganberry puree freeze like I did for the wedding. That was delicious topped up with the prosecco...and so healthy too! [​IMG]

14. Just had a thought.... I still have my own raspberries and blackberries in the freezer!
    Whizz up a few, refreeze in little blobs.... and we're off !

15. egyptgirl

I never considered blackberries...you're a genius Pobs!

16. Na! Just the owner of 2 freezers and a garden with enough room to grow stuff, surrounded by brambles.

17. egyptgirl

Like I was last summer then! No brambles near here, though! Still, new garden...new possibilities!

18. Thornless possibilities too!!

19. egyptgirl

Thornless possibilities indeed! It is worth the pain though!

20. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Thank you!
    I do hope your new hubby gets his mojo back soon and you can plan a proper honeymoon x