1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for class swap activities - a NEW forum!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by gcsouth, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Hi, I know you posted this a long while ago but... do you have a copy of the eggram template please as I love this ideas? Thanks

2. Hi, I know you posted this a long while ago but... do you have a copy of the eggram template please as I love this idea? Thanks

3. I've made birthday cards with my new year 3 class, but we wrote the messages in French as they would be starting to learn the language when they move up.

Also I cut out hearts and on one side wrote _________________ is special because _________________________. Each child would be given another child's name from the class. They had to fill in the heart writing that child's name, why they were special and on the other side decorate it with a picture of them. When it was the children's birthday the following school year, they would pick one of the birthday cards and get given their heart. They loved reading the special messages about themselves.

4. Spice0012

Spice0012 New commenter

What a fabulous thread thank you for some every nice ideas everyone.

5. Chilli_bean

Chilli_bean New commenter

6. My children each design a birthday card. I then write a message inside saying happy birthday from ------- (insert your class name) then throughout the year every child gets a card.

7. rebeccataylor53

rebeccataylor53 New commenter

Hi all,

I have just come across this treat in a search.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do for a class swap day with 8 ASD children in a base?
    Will be my first experience teaching in a base after several years teaching in Year 5.

Thanks

Beccca

8. Alwaysworried

Alwaysworried New commenter

Yes this works for all ages. I do this and then give them a paper bag which they decorate on the day. They then fill it with momentous of their holiday and we share it the first week back.