1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for class swap activities - a NEW forum!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by gcsouth, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Wow great ideas on here, thank you everyone!
    I love this 'We will rock you rap idea', wondering whether it could work with my new year 1 class? How did your rap go? did the children make it all up?
    Was thinking of doing it as a kind of success criteria for our learning environment and use those words in a rap or just do the Wordle.
    Any other fab ideas for year 1s? [​IMG]

2. I've not been through every page, so apologies if these have been mentioned. I always take pictures to put on a birthday display and a whole class one for the door. In the past I've made all about me books using a 'person' shaped booklet. Last year I did a PSHE activity about behaviour. I gave groups different 'crimes' (e.g. shouting out in class) and asked them to order them by severity on a line of card. We discussed them, added extras and then used them as a basis for a class rules display. I teach Y5/6, but I'm sure some of these ideas could be adapted.

3. Ohhh I like the sound of that, where did you get the 'person shaped' booklet and what kind of things did you put into it?
    Love your idea of ordering 'crimes', may have to use that with my new year 6 class. [​IMG]

4. A friend of mine showed me the book idea, I think it's a Paul Johnson one. You fold the paper in half portrait and landscape. In portrait draw and cut out a head shape so that it is central on the horizontal fold. Unfold from portrait into landscape, lifting the 'head' up and fold the sides in to make the outside. I then fold down the corners to make a 'collar'. The children write inside, anything about themselves, their family, hobbies, friends, their hopes and dreams... I don't always use the same writing ideas every year. They then draw their face and colour the front in school uniform colours (or collage, up to you). I hope this makes sense, I haven't got my template with me at the moment.

5. beethan31

beethan31 New commenter

brumbrum, when you have your template, could you possibly email it to me please? I've tried following your instructions but what I've ended up with doesn't look right!!
    senditfast33@hotmail.co.uk

6. Sorry for the delayed reply. I will try to scan it in and email tomorrow x

7. Please could I have a copy: alice.rawlings@students.plymouth.ac.uk
    Many thanks.

8. I have sent jigsaw template to everyone who asked for it (I think!!) please let me know if I missed anyone!

9. Would it be possible to upload the template in the Resources section of this site?

10. I would love a copy of the jigsaw template if you get a chance. Thanks!
    maura.logan@st.marys.sandwell.sch.uk

11. The crystal ball.

I gave my children a template of a crystal ball and asked them to write on the bottom what they can see themselves acheiving by the end of the next year. They then draw a picture of that in the centre.
    Makes for a great display.

12. rosieandjim

rosieandjim New commenter

13. stuffedcrust

stuffedcrust New commenter

Yes please! Thank you!
    resources@jembo.me.uk

14. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

As I have the same class again, I made a photo story of all the things they had done over the year. They really enjoyed that. They talked about how they had changed, children who had left and what they want to do again, even my EAL children who are normally very quiet joined in.

15. I would LOVE a copy! Pretty please! beckygrist@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks very much in advance!

16. I did want to do that but I didnt make it (found it on a website but it's no longer there) so I do not have permission to share it on here :-(

17. I have sent the jigsaw template to new requesters! I hope it is useful to you all! I hope I havent missed anyone! :)