1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for baby friendly holiday

Discussion in 'Personal' started by beyondexcited, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Im looking for suggestions for a holiday abroad which would be suitable for a 7 month old baby....and her parents! We are looking to go away in May and make the most of cheap school time holidays while Im on maternity leave. We really do want to go abroad somewhere hot...but not stupidly hot. Has anyone got any ideas about places or even hotels which would be good for us? I think we want all inclusive, not that long a flight and one with a kids/baby club that she could go to for an hour or so a day...please no comments about 'whats the point of going on holiday with children if you are going to leave them etc'! Im with her 24 hours a day and I LOVE it....but an hour or so on holiday to just chill would be bliss.
    Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved as Im driving myself mad looking on internet.

Thanks

2. Try Menorca - not too long a flight and not too hot in May. First Choice's Mar De Menorca resort, or family resort in Cala'n Forcat (can't remember the name - sorry) have kids clubs as well where you'd be able to get the wee one in for a short spell each day. I'm sure Thomson's have a family resort close by to the First Choice one as well, but I can't be certain.
    Hope this helps.

3. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

LykiaWorld in Olu Deniz, Turkey.

4. Cyprus
    you'll have a great time and people in restaurants and shops will want to look after your baby for you [​IMG]

5. Fantastic! Thank You
    I will check out all of these suggestions now, you have saved me hours of aimless surfing of websites!

6. When my first child was about that age (many years ago now!) we went to Ibiza, (the quiet part, not the clubs!) so I would recommend one of the Balearic islands - short flight, easy transfers, friendly kind local people. In May you could certainly sit on the beach, take the baby in the water and have lots of fun, but it wouldn't be too hot, specially at night, so you'll all sleep well. Also, you can get good quality nappies and baby food etc. Restaurants will all welcome you in with a pram or with the baby on your lap. All the major tour operators go there, so no shortage of creches/kids' clubs.
    Hope you have a great holiday!

7. Thanks again for all your suggestions, we are going to investigate all of the places you have mentioned tomorrow night. I do like the idea of being able to buy nappies/formula etc there as I can imagine all baggage allowance would be solely for baby otherwise!
    I am determined to go away when the schools havent broken up as it will feel like a real treat then! Plus the cost will be stupidly cheap in comparison!

8. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

When my first was 9 months old we left him in the capable hands of Grandma and Grandad and flew to Florida.
    To me it wouldn't have been a holiday looking after baby.
    Was fab seeing him again when we got home though!
    Oh....and we did get married in Florida whilst there [​IMG]

9. Ha! I have mentioned that to other half but he wants to take her away. We are going away just ourselves for a few days soon though!