1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suggested reading for PGCE Primary interview prep

Discussion in 'Book club' started by Boosid, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Hi folks,

I have applied to start my Primary PGCE starting in 2012. I am currently awaiting an interview date and though I'd like to put what is currently a tooth-pullingly painful wait to good use and immerse myself in some literature to really gear me up for my interview.

Can anyone please suggest some books that you think will get me into the right frame of mind for any tricky interviews questions? Having not been through the process before I'm not sure what to expect but I would like perhaps some suggestions geared towards the psychology of how children learn, general child development, life in the classroom, perhaps a biography of a brilliant teacher or some suggestions of current and classic books that children will be looking at at KS1/KS2 literature too.

All suggestions gratefully recieved!

2. Hi,
    Have you thought about posting this on the primary forum too? There is much more traffic over there, this thread is mainly used by people discussing books they read for pleasure.
    I would have a look at books by Sue Cowley, behaviour management.
    Waterstones sell a book with a list of classic children's books split into age ranges. I'm sorry I can't remember what it is called and my copy is at school! Maybe worth a look!
    B