1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suggested books for reading development [just] 7 year old AS boy approx 6-9 months behind peer group.

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by HomeEdMummy, May 4, 2011.

1. Dear James

My son is just 7 and is approx 6 - 9 months behind peer group [although last Sept was 2 years behind, so is doing well.]
    Can you suggest some books for him to use to develop his reading skills. We have done ORT to death, also Project X, now on Paul Jennings Rascal series.
    Reading is a big part of our day with factual as well as fiction books being read to my son. These vary from Mr Gum to Killer Cat to Prof Brian Cox!
    We also use audio books for the car. My son is SEN with physical disability, possible dyslexia and ? AS - awaiting definintive dx from GOSH.

Any help would be wonderful.

2. Dear James

My son is just 7 and is approx 6 - 9 months behind peer group [although last Sept was 2 years behind, so is doing well.]
    Can you suggest some books for him to use to develop his reading skills. We have done ORT to death, also Project X, now on Paul Jennings Rascal series.
    Reading is a big part of our day with factual as well as fiction books being read to my son. These vary from Mr Gum to Killer Cat to Prof Brian Cox!
    We also use audio books for the car. My son is SEN with physical disability, possible dyslexia and ? AS - awaiting definintive dx from GOSH.

Any help would be wonderful.