1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suggest your ideas to help us make TES better

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Rosaline, Mar 22, 2017.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Thank you @blazer for your suggestion.

2. MrsAinTheDen

MrsAinTheDen New commenter

I have updated my personal details, CV (to apply for a specific job that eepire on the council ad on the 16th June but on here today!!!) email and user details etc and despite saving and logging out and back in it has not changed anything.

Also, the role I was applying for has to be done through TES but the CV I spent hours updating with 35 years of experience and job history is not populating the application with anything other than my name and address....
    So making it work like it should would be good. I now am unable to apply for the role as i do not have time to redo the form from scratch. Why did my TES CV not do what it says on the screen it will do?

3. TES_Rosaline

Hello @MrsAinTheDen,

Sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with using the Tes CV.

The ‘Quick Apply’ feature is designed to transfer the details from your Career Profile section into your application immediately. However, if you have clicked ‘Apply’ on a job listing without first fully completing your Career Profile, only the information originally included in your Profile before you first clicked on’Apply’ will be transferred across.

If you updated your Career Profile after clicking ‘Apply’, this will be the reason why your updated details were not successfully copied over.

In order to ensure your updated details are transferred you will need to reload the application by following the steps below:

1. Go to ‘My Jobs’ in the left-hand navigation on the homepage
    2. Click on the second tab, ‘Applications in Progress’
    3. Make sure any information not in your Career Profile (like your personal statement) is copied and saved elsewhere before continuing
    4. Find the relevant application and click on ‘delete’
    5. Ensure your Career Profile is completed and saved
    6. Find the job. Click on ‘Apply’ to open it and then on ‘Quick Apply’
    7. Your updated Career Profile details should now transfer to the application

Best of luck with your future applications and please do contact help@tes.com if you require further assistance.

4. labhras

labhras New commenter

The new recruitment section does not let you filter by continent, this is really annoying to scroll through hundreds of ads Please sort it out

5. TES_Rosaline

Thank you @labhras for your feedback.

6. RHastings293

RHastings293 New commenter

I'm always staggered by how negative the stories are on the main page of the TES online. Everyday there are negative stories after negative stories. For example, today (22nd June 2018) we have :"Visa system wrenches devastated teachers from schools", "the new GCSEs first year was a facade" "teachers must confront sexism; including their own", "teachers should tell pupils about sadomasochism" and "for the poorest it's survival that counts not results". Now I'm not saying that these issue shouldn't be discussed because they should be, but to see these everyday creates such a negative view on teaching. No wonder teachers are struggling when all we see about teaching issues from TES are bad bits! As we know, teaching is one of the best jobs out there so can we please have some more good news stories to put teachers in a better frame of mind which might go some way to address the negative cycle in which education finds itself?

ATfan and border_walker like this.
  7. TES_Rosaline

Thank you for your feedback @RHastings293. I'll pass on your comments to the relevant team.

8. cys2017

cys2017 Occasional commenter

Contributing on the forums an getting some likes could give a small amount of credit to use towards resources on tes :)

9. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Senior commenter

Not a suggestion. Just wondering why, when I scrolled quickly down a page and accidentally hit the ‘like’ button, a pop-up asking if I really wanted to like that post appeared. I like the idea as I tend to ‘like’ posts without meaning to when I use a touch screen and I’d be grateful if you would let me know @TES_Rosaline if the message popped up because it was recognised that I was scrolling - or was there some other reason?

10. TES_Rosaline

Hello @anotherauntsally, this only happens if a user hits the 'like' button before the page has finished loading.

11. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Senior commenter

12. thekillers1

thekillers1 Lead commenter

How about offering an online anonymous councilling service to teachers? Could be peer to peer messaging support.

13. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Curates egg, the TES Community. While there are some great people I am honoured to know there are many busybodies whose advice & confidence I could not trust and I know that these would be the first to volunteer, trained counsellors or not. i would not wish them on anyone else.

Bumptious likes this.
  14. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

A better place for anyone wanting this sort of advice and support would be the Education Support Partnership.

Bumptious likes this.
  15. thekillers1

thekillers1 Lead commenter

16. ywhokim1219

ywhokim1219 New commenter

I'm finding it extremely difficult to use the new search function in the jobs search section. I can't add more than one criteria in any of the searchable categories such as location or subject (since I teach two).

The older one was excellent and much more preferred than the current one.

17. TES_Rosaline

Hi @ywhokim1219, sorry that you are experiencing problems with the jobs search section. Have you logged the issue with the Customer Services Team? If not, please can you email help@tes.com. Thank you.

18. TES_Rosaline

Hello @ywhokim1219. There are two versions of the search site, which are currently being used. You can still access the older version here:

19. Autumn87

Autumn87 New commenter

I haven't been on TES for a little while, but has the Resources section changed? I remember you used to be able to filter for example Primary > Science > 5-7 years > Powerpoint. Now it seems you can only choose a general age range, subject or search by keyword?

20. minkyjane1

minkyjane1 New commenter

I am really unhappy about resources I have paid for. Many are totally unfit for use. Does the TES not vet resources before making them available for sale? Would have thought this goes under sale of goods act. Presumably TES is making money from this and indirectly promoting items for sale. Is there not a duty of care from TES to ensure that goods sold on their website have avalue?