1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suggest your ideas to help us make TES better

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Rosaline, Mar 22, 2017.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

2. TES_Rosaline

Hello @ilovesooty, this has been added to the forum netiquette:

Don’t revive or resurrect old threads. Bumping up historic content often diverts attention from new and current queries and makes it hard for people to follow the old topic or enquiry, which has probably been resolved.

https://community.tes.com/threads/forum-house-rules.725600/

ilovesooty likes this.
  3. thongkon007

thongkon007 New commenter

I feel better after logging in to this site.

4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

The news items are often worth a read. However you can't comment unless you have a facebook account. Let's be honest, most experienced teachers won't go near facebook. Which is why many items have comments in single figures. Why can't forum members comment? Then feed back would be instant instead of Rosaline having to put a ink into the forum to entice comments.

5. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Or why not just post them for free and then feel good when you have almost a quarter of a million downloads?

6. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Lead commenter

Has the process of being able to sign for email notification of a reply to a thread been stopped because for ages now I haven't been receiving them?

7. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Hello @HelenREMfan :)
    To give @TES_Rosaline full information have you checked that your preferences are still set to receive email notifications?

Click preferences in the drop down menu from your avatar

upload_2017-8-5_22-42-26.png

Check whether the box is ticked to receive emails.

upload_2017-8-5_22-44-23.png

If it is, then perhaps Rosaline will know if anything has been changed by TES.

8. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Lead commenter

Ahhhhhh....well I went to check my preferences and it wasn't enabled.... which is odd as I do not recall disabling the email notification bit..... but thanks @marlin problem hopefully solved :)

marlin likes this.
  9. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

10. grdwdgrrrl

grdwdgrrrl New commenter

Please add a subject forum for EAL Teachers.

11. TES_Rosaline

Hello @blazer and @grdwdgrrrl,

Thank you for your suggestions.

12. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Established commenter

Would it be possible to have a process by which you can either accept or decline when someone wishes to 'follow' you.
    I have three unknown follows which I find disconcerting. I don't want any followers! I think you should be able to choose.

GLsghost likes this.
  13. TES_Rosaline

Hello @digoryvenn,

Thank you for your suggestion. Following a user only shows up that user's new resources.

14. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Established commenter

Thank you Rosaline.
    As I don't have any resources that is OK !!

15. gj51

gj51 New commenter

16. gj51

gj51 New commenter

I think this week's TES is especially good; as a former English teacher, now examiner, I was certain to be interested in the Literacy/Results season themes but this issue is well worth close reading by teachers across the subject/age range. Debbie Pullinger's piece is outstanding & could greatly enhance aspects of English teaching. I slightly disagree with the table on p9; I think that when GCSE results are published next week, a Level 9 will equate more closely to an A** than an A*. Congratulations on a terrific issue.

17. TES_Rosaline

You're welcome @digoryvenn.

18. TES_Rosaline

Thank you for your comments @gj51. We're glad that you enjoyed last week's issue. I'll pass on your comments to the editorial team.

19. tes_BW12345

tes_BW12345 New commenter

There's no "Electronics" section.
    It's not the same subject as "Electronics Products" or others with similar names.
    Can we have one?

20. tangerinecat

tangerinecat New commenter

Saved resources are difficult to find - there is no option to filter them or change the order.

Annoyingly, the first saved resource is the oldest, mean a lot of scrolling and clicking 'next 10' to get to the more recently saved resources.