1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suggest your ideas to help us make TES better

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Rosaline, Mar 22, 2017.

1. laprofdefrancais

laprofdefrancais New commenter

It would be good if we could get clear notifications when we get messages without having to go and check the conversation section of the community page. Maybe people could also be notified of private messages (from private conversation) with an email?

As an author, I have not been able to publish resources on several occasions as the publish button did not seem to work. I still have a few resources 'stuck' in the draft version which I can't put up

Also when looking at resources, there used to be 'related resources' showing up on the side which I thought was good, but that seems to be gone now :(

2. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Thank you everyone for your feedback. Please keep posting your comments and suggestions. It might not be possible to respond to every single post but please be assured that we do read all the posts.

@laprofdefrancais, are you still having problems with the Resources platform? Have you contacted the Customer Services Team? You can contact the team via email: help@tes.com.

3. laprofdefrancais

Hi, it's working fine now. It seems it was just temporary, thanks!

4. TES_Rosaline

You're welcome @laprofdefrancais. I'm pleased that everything is working as it should.

5. -Sarah-

-Sarah- New commenter

Hi Rosaline,

It would be great to have a forum specifically for TEFL/TESOL as there seems to be one for every other type of teacher!

There seems to be a prevailing attitude that those who work in TEFL/TESOL are inferior teachers to those who work in primary/secondary schools. Indeed, there is a huge divide between us in terms of established professional learning communities but I believe that opportunities for cross-contextual interaction can only benefit us all.

Kind regards

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Lalad likes this.
  6. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

There have been several suggestions already about alerting that there are unread messages in Conversations. Would one solution be to put a counter in the section I've snipped below (appeared to the left of the page after clicking my avatar on a section other than Community) to alert that there are messages to read - particularly for those who do not come to the Community forums and so would not otherwise have any idea that they have messages waiting to be read.
    upload_2017-5-1_21-20-17.png

Lalad likes this.
  7. Lalad

Lalad Senior commenter

Good idea @marlin.
    Another thing with conversations is that there doesn't seem to be any way of deleting them - I now have several that are no longer current but can't work out how to get rid of them!

marlin likes this.
  8. TES_Rosaline

marlin likes this.
  9. laprofdefrancais

Hi,

I have just noticed that for some reasons 27 of my resources have changed price without me being notified from £2 to £3 , and 3 of my bundles have changed from £5 to £6!

I don't know if this is some sort of bugs from the website but I am not pleased that this has happened, especially since I don't really know when this happened for sure.

I work hard at establishing trust with people buying my resources and hate the thought they might think I have increased my prices after getting positive feedback.

I have contacted the teshelp too but I am wondering if this can be fixed or if I should re edited these 30 resources myself and change it back to their original prices or if that will be fixed by the tes team.

Laprofdefrancais

10. TES_Rosaline

Hello @laprofdefrancais,

Some authors were contacted about price rises being applied to their resources last month. You should have received an email from Tes about the change in prices.

You can alter the prices, if you wish, and my colleagues in the Customer Services Team will be in touch in due course with more information about this option.

11. laprofdefrancais

Hi, thanks for your answer. The email had gone straight into my spams. I have now changed the prices back.

12. TES_Rosaline

13. ConwayCoulter94

ConwayCoulter94 New commenter

I've got a great idea which was formed when I witnessed the amazing phenomenon of one billion TES downloads. I thought to myself, 'Why isn't anyone buying my premium resources when my free ones are doing just fine?' I wondered whether I was the only TES author who has to buy his own premium resources to make them look popular! I pondered how the new look resources section seems to have suddenly acquired a whole range of slick-looking adverts which must generate £millions if there are billions of teachers online. Anyway. My idea is this. How about the TES goes back to all resources being free? And then how about the TES pays the authors from their advertising revenue? How about £x for every 100 downloads?

sbkrobson likes this.
  14. GirlGremlin

GirlGremlin Occasional commenter

I would prefer if alerts to quotes and replies were given to keep tabs of threads I am involved in were easier to access

15. TES_Rosaline

Hello @MissSimps91,

Thank you for your suggestion. How would you like to access the alerts?

At the moment you can check/see your latest alerts by opening the drop-down menu by hovering your mouse over your avatar in the top right-hand corner of the navigation bar:

upload_2017-6-1_12-38-41.png

Click on the Alerts link in the drop-down menu to open the latest alerts page:
    upload_2017-6-1_13-59-2.png

The latest alerts page will open listing all the new activity relating to the threads or forums you are watching:

upload_2017-6-1_14-1-11.png

You should be able to see when a member has started a new thread; mentioned you in a thread; replied to a thread; quoted your post in a thread or liked your post in a thread:

upload_2017-6-1_14-2-26.png

upload_2017-6-1_14-3-8.png

upload_2017-6-1_14-3-20.png

upload_2017-6-1_14-3-56.png

marlin likes this.
  16. ptrett

ptrett New commenter

I see you have a like button. Is it possible to sort messages by number of likes?

17. coldmetal

coldmetal Occasional commenter

Can i make a complaint about posters on TES? Firstly there are people that 'Troll' on posters or posts and that means if someone posts about a topic they find important or dear to their heart they don't want posters and cross discussions about biscuits and tea and the like - this seems to be happenning from Lead and star commentators and it seems to be let go! It often happens when two or more decide they don't like the attitude or stance of the commentator not necessarily about their post and so often valid subjects are spoilt or diluted in a silly way.

The other thing is that in Workplace dilemmas you get a lot of posters who may be following you start moaning that you are always moaning and complaining and whining etc Now I don't know if there are upbeat ways to post about dilemmas in the workplace but surely these people also need reporting really. What do they expect workplace dilemmas to be?

Teacher-in-Training42 likes this.
  18. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

Would it be worth adding some advice about not reviving old threads just because you like the sound of your own voice? Someone was doing that on Workplace Dilemmas last night, and I think that could perhaps mean that someone's current query is ignored.
    In any case it's incredibly rude.

Jesmond12 likes this.
  19. TES_Rosaline

Hello @ilovesooty,

Thank you for your suggestion. It's certainly something that I will add to the forum netiquette.

ilovesooty likes this.
  20. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter