1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suggest your ideas to help us make TES better

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Rosaline, Mar 22, 2017.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

This thread is dedicated to your suggestions and ideas for improvements to help TES make your working life easier. Let us know what you think and suggest ways of how we can be more useful to you now and in the future. This is your chance to help us to better understand what your professional needs are and how they can be met in the best and easiest way possible.

We welcome and value your ideas and we are keen to listen to your suggestions/feedback. We will do our best to make improvements, where necessary, if they are feasible. If you have an idea please post it here.

ptrett likes this.
  2. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

I was thinking yesterday that, given there's a book club forum and a cooking one, it might be nice if there's a games one. It doesn't have to be game style specific but it might be nice if we've got a place to talk about the various board, computer, and other style of games that people might be interested in.

ha97, betsybelleteach and im52 like this.
  3. TES_Rosaline

Thank you @Moony for your suggestion. I should add that the suggestions are for any part/aspect of the company's business.

With regards to your suggestion Moony. Could these discussions fall under the current Entertainment forum? You could start a new thread in this forum which could be dedicated to the discussion of all sorts of games.

4. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

I hadn't thought about that but possibly, I was just thinking that with there being a wide range and type of games it might be nice.

5. TES_Rosaline

It's a good idea Moony and other members may be interested in discussing game-orientated things with you.

cutes and Moony like this.
  6. serton

serton New commenter

Why must we use Facebook to comment on articles? Tes allows a google sign in or an username sign in not Facebook. Some of us as teachers don't use Facebook.

phlogiston, Pomz, cutes and 1 other person like this.
  7. TES_Rosaline

Thank you @serton for your feedback. I'll pass on your comments.

8. catbanj

catbanj Occasional commenter

A good point. I refuse to comment on articles as my FB login links to real person not a pseudonym

phlogiston, Pomz and cutes like this.
  9. cutes

cutes New commenter

I appreciate the changes and I understand the strategy taken by TES. May be a bit critical but I could not easily see the section were I could search within the community / resources / jobs / etc section at the top of the page as it was in the same colour as the rest of the 'toolbar'

10. LrnLocal

LrnLocal New commenter

Is there a way to speak your mind on this forum without getting penalized for it?
    I have feedback from my own experience thus far, but I'm afraid to say anything Incase it goes against 'policy'

11. gj51

gj51 New commenter

12. gj51

gj51 New commenter

Just wanted to say that I think the TES relaunch is excellent.
    For me, the new font/layout/colour scheme gives more of an impression of being a journal for professionals.
    It's more mature looking & new columns like 'Body of evidence' consolidate this impression by recognising that readers don't just get TES for jobs or to catch up on educational news but to be better informed about how they do their work & to become even better at it. Also noticed there seemed to be fewer articles by freelance journalists & this too gave the impression of journal written by education professionals for education professionals. And you haven't done away with brilliant contributors like Tim Brighouse. A great new start.

TomGlover and mikeshaw like this.
  13. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Lead commenter

I absolutely HATE the awarding of stars and the comments section about resources. I think as adults who have given the best resources that we are personally able to make, the fact that people go to them and use them says enough. They are quite able to write and thank people for their resources privately and are able to say if the children enjoyed them if they wish, but I feel very much like a school child getting star awards or rather no star awards for the fact that I'm freely giving them material to use in their classrooms. Abolish this, please!

richardsmaven likes this.
  14. kmachnik11

kmachnik11 New commenter

The new mobile version of the site is so difficult to navigate! I cannot get into the Author Dashboard unless I type in the actual URL or look it up in my history. This is very inconvenient and I hope you improve this quickly.

15. thinky

thinky Occasional commenter

I can't get ANYWHERE on my mobile! No navigation for resources, forum, news... hardly anything.

TheGingerTeacher likes this.
  16. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

I agree with @thinky it is so difficult to find anything on mobile.... I'm hoping this is a temp bug!

thinky likes this.
  17. thinky

thinky Occasional commenter

As a constructive idea it would be nice if clicking on my avatar resulted in the same options throughout the site. If I click on it in the forums I get different options from doing so elsewhere which is a bit clumsy.

It would be good if the notifications could be cleaned up too. I don't care how many items are on the newsfeed but I do like to make sure I don't miss messages.

vcurrie19 and Littlesherbetlemon like this.
  18. AnnMroz

AnnMroz New commenter

Thank you very much. Your comments are much appreciated by the editorial team.

TomGlover likes this.
  19. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

Agreed. There really should be some sort of obvious notification that you've got an unread conversation, without having to click on/hover over your username to check.

thinky likes this.
  20. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

I've suggested this before, but I would really love an option to see how many unread posts there are in my watched forums. I still miss it from an older version of the site.