1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Suffolk and Norfolk GTP

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by amay92661, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Anyone out there studying on the Suffolk and Norfolk GTP? I have applied for September 2012 entry and would be interested to hear any stories from people on then course. Is it well organised? How were you appointed to your particular school? Is there an unbearable amount of paperwork? Are you being paid the unqualified teacher salary or more/less? How much teaching responsibility do you have from day one etc etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

2. Anyone out there studying on the Suffolk and Norfolk GTP? I have applied for September 2012 entry and would be interested to hear any stories from people on then course. Is it well organised? How were you appointed to your particular school? Is there an unbearable amount of paperwork? Are you being paid the unqualified teacher salary or more/less? How much teaching responsibility do you have from day one etc etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

3. sez142

sez142 New commenter

I've applied for that too. Have you heard anything? I've only had an email saying they've received my application and are short listing in January and I should hear before the end of January!

Good luck.

4. bobbycatrules

bobbycatrules New commenter

I did this course in 2006. The course is only as good as the school and mentor you are assigned to. There is an expectation that you will teach 25% of the timetable straight away. The paperwork is and the course is relentless, which stands you in good practice for the NQT year. At the time, it was not well organised at all, but recently it was OFSTED rated 'good'.

5. Hello,
    I am still waiting too! So nervous, so much rides on that first letter. I have only now recently finished my degree through distance learning whilst working full time and with a family etc just to get into teaching. I would be heart broken if the last 6 years of hard work has been for nothing! Especially as my hubbie and children have been so supportive, I don't want to let them down. I wish I had done it years ago but hey ho, hoping it is never too late! So near but so far!
    I have heard the same as you, should hear by the end of Jan if successful for initial interview which will be held middle of Feb time.
    Good luck everyone, I know how painful this wait is!!