1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

successful threshold application

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by sparrky, Dec 11, 2015.

1. sparrky

sparrky New commenter

I have recently applied to go through threshold, from mps to ups1 but have been told by the head that although I have successfully met all my PM targets for the last 2 years my application has failed to evidence a substantial contribution to whole school. I have met the sustained part of the criteria and have fully met the teaching part 'flexible, creative and adept at designing learning sequences' but have not evidenced the other 9 post threshold standards. They have given me an extension to provide further evidence. Other teachers at my school have not had to complete such a detailed application form and my line managers thought my completed form was sufficient. I would be grateful if anyone could advise me on any suggestions I could include that show whole school contribution or if anyone has had experience of a recently successful application.

2. englishteach101

englishteach101 Occasional commenter

Surely the whole school business is once you've gone over the threshold?