1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Succes criteria for observation. take pity please!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Ev11, Apr 5, 2011.

1. I am really struggling on the success to the LO. Could you possbiley help as I am frazzled.
    Lo: To reccgnise persuasive features in adverts.
    WILF-what I am struggling on is giving away too much to begin with and if I lise every feature I will have about 10?

2. Ask the class what they would expect to see in an advert.

3. Natalieellis

Natalieellis New commenter

Hi.
    Sometimes the pupils can be used to create the success criteria in the introduction to see what they can remember from before. They would probably come up with the punctuation, language, use of questions, pictures, bold text, capitals, etc. There will be a lot of features but your SC could be limited to the main ones you want to focus on eg.
    I can identify a variety of persuasive features in adverts.
    I can use persuasive language in my own advert.
    It could then be differentiated so that HA pupils have to also use a greater variety of punctuation etc. Not sure if that helps.

4. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

I would be really specific and say:
    I can identify a slogan
    I can use powerful adjectives
    I can include alliteration
    I can ask an intriguing (sp?) question

and anything else you want them to pick out.

5. The lesson is them finding the features and then thinking about their effectiveness, with HA comparing some and LA having less to find. I dont want to reel off:
    I can find examples of rhetorical questions
    I Can .... I may get them to do it as we go which can link with What makes good I suppose! Thank you all