1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Submitting speaking controlled assessments to AQA

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by jools30, Apr 26, 2011.

1. jools30

jools30 New commenter

I am a bit confused as to what is required when submitting our marks. Do we have to send marks first and then wait for a list of sample candidate recordings to send. We have about 60 candidates? I thought we had to send a recording per candidate but the paperwork seems to suggest otherwise! Help!

2. Hey
    No, just fill in OMR sheets (red and white striped sheets) for the recorded and Unrecorded tasks. Send white copy to AQA Head Office (white envelope) and pink and yellow copies to AQA moderator (ridiculous purple plastic envelope).

Await instructions from AQA moderator on which candidates have been chosen for sample.
    Only centres with 20 candidates or fewer need to send recordings with OMR sheets at this stage.

Hope this helps.

3. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

The above mentioned purple plastic envelope is for sending the writing scripts and/or speaking sample to the moderator. You can send the pink and yellow copies to the moderator in a normal large envelope, or even fold it and send in a smaller envelope. I would also enclose a 'With compliments' slip stating your name and position in school and requesting that the list of names for the sample be sent directly to you rather than via the exams officer. The turnaround time is quite short and this will maximise the time you have to sort out the sample.

4. Thankyou. I have spent the evening sorting out my writing assessments with the Candidate record sheets and tomorrow's job was going to be sorting speaking. However, I will get the pink / white sheets dpone first and sort the sound files over the weekend.
    Bring back the linear exam. Am fed up with the paperwork already. I much prefered teaching to a final exam