1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Sublimation printing

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by finamar, Apr 24, 2011.

1. finamar

finamar New commenter

Can anyone suggest a good sublimation printing system to buy? What's the best type of press to buy? Who's the best supplier of consumables? I am looking for value for money of course! I don't want to print on mugs etc but on textile fabrics and resistant materials etc. Any advise would be appreciated.

2. Do not buy the inkjet printer for Dye Sublimation as it blocks the tubing if not in regular use and the technician takes the best part of a day to sort it out, The laser printers are far better as they use powder instead and do not block !
    A further word of caution, if using computers for this beware of what software your going to use. We used 2D Design V2 but the colour definition was not very good as it does not have the post processing capability of say CoralDraw to help with the printing process.

3. i bought a sublimation printer from i-sub and initially had a few problems with it blocking.They were very helpful and sent out an engineer to resolve my problem, with regular use it has been fine - no problems since. They also reccomended a timer switch to power the printer on/off twice a day, this must perform a cleaning cycle or something similar and prevents blockages occuring when you are not using the printer on a daily basis.
    The results are fab and my kids love it, i transfer onto funtex, cheap polyester satin and any other cheap synthetics i can get my hands on. Only wish i had a heat press and an A3 set up - i use an old fashioned trouser press that was probably in school in the 60s !