1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Subjects being dropped/Falling pupil numbers HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by bigpedro, Mar 1, 2011.

1. bigpedro

bigpedro New commenter

Your biggest problem is that it is a fairly new problem and something which hasnt happened before, This is the thing with academic study, all your research comes from the past, so you can't properly research a modern issue from a historical point of view.
    I would suggest that a look into subjects that were dropped / taken up back when comprehensive education was introduced would show a similar pattern and the forces which influenced it, even if it was a move from "academic" to "practical" subjects rather than the reverse. (hope that makes sense)
    Sadly i think your main source of information for the study will be of a primary nature, and your conclusions may have to be your own.
    I'd check with your tutors that this will satisfy them, some like primary research, some like reams of "other peoples cra p" in the appendix. It really is a personal preference.
    Hope this helps a bit.
    Pedro