1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Subject Tags issue

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by MissEHoney, Nov 27, 2019.

1. MissEHoney

MissEHoney New commenter

Hi Author team.

I've got a bit of an issue in that I can't tag the appropriate categories.

I've got an adding and subtracting decimals activity. So I wanted to tag it as "adding and subtracting" and "decimals".
    However I cannot seem to add more than one "Number" topics. I can add other types but both the things I want are in number.

At the moment I either have to tag "Mathematics/Number/Adding and subtracting" OR "Mathematics/Number/Decimals" but I want to be able to tag both as they're both equally important.

Please help.

Attached Files:

MosaiK and Krazikas like this.
  2. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hi @MissEHoney,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the platform. Have you contacted the customer services team? The team will be able to help you, and if it's a technical issue then the relevant team will be able to investigate the problem.

3. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

I have the same issues with my maths resources too.

4. MosaiK

MosaiK Occasional commenter

It seems that since the new uploading format, it is now no longer possible to tag more than one subtopic. I regularly hit the same barrier with my food&nutrition and my MFL resources. It does not appear to be a specific technical problem, sadly it is an issue brought in by the new format. o_O
    Equally, I find the new uploader restrictive on the age choice, as most of my resources are for stage not age, yet if I tagged each resource as 'not age-specific', it would no longer come up in searches for age-appropriate resources... :(
    I emailed TES about this and was told to simply select the best fit and teachers would still find what they were looking for. I happen to disagree, as teachers won't necessarily know that my resource is out there. :rolleyes:
    Furthermore I have talked to several of my teaching friends and colleagues since becoming an author and the majority would not look further than the first few pages in their search. Most maintain that their search for a resource matching their need has to be quick, because reading through too many resource descriptions not only blurs the mind :confused: but also can end up costing as much time as making it yourself in the first instance. :oops:

Krazikas likes this.
  5. MissEHoney

MissEHoney New commenter

Thanks @TES_Rosaline I've just sent them an email and have linked to this thread as well. It appears this is an issue for all authors.

MosaiK likes this.
  6. laprofdefrancais

laprofdefrancais New commenter

I have also raised this issue via email: authors@tes.com (first email I sent was on the 16th November) and explained this was an issue for all resources since the new uploader was put into place. I was told this had been passed onto the technical team and than they would get back to me. I haven't heard anything since.

MosaiK likes this.