1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SUBJECT SPECIFIC COMMENTS WHEN MARKING OCR NATIONALS

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by mcinjp2000, Mar 2, 2011.

1. We have been having a debate at school about marking ocr nationals. how do other schools provide feedback to students about improvments without breaking the JCQ guidelines with regards subject speicfic feedback.

Tough one!

2. We have been having a debate at school about marking ocr nationals. how do other schools provide feedback to students about improvments without breaking the JCQ guidelines with regards subject speicfic feedback.

Tough one!

3. Guided peer assessment where they have the mark scheme and judge. Pointers of "common issues".

4. You don't give feedback. Specific feedback by teachers to indiduals for the purpose of improvements is against jcq quidelines. Although it is clearly cheating, it is widely done judging by the lea meeting i went to on monday. it's ict's dirty little secret, which isn't in anyone's interest to talk about in public. So Shush, or someone might sit up and take notice.

5. arron spelt aaron

arron spelt aaron New commenter

It's not just ICT. In my school English are shocking but at least they have an exam component. Don't worry about it.

Ahren

6. gavcradd

gavcradd New commenter

Easy, you just use the words that are in the marking scheme and don't embellish them with direct instructions. There's nothing wrong with saying (for unit 1, for example) "This letter is graded as a Merit. It can not get a Distinction because that grade requires you to complete a Mail Merge".

7. The school I am at told me to tell them what needs doing to get the next grade up! Where are these guidlines please??
    Thanks
    J

8. Telling them "what they need" and telling them "what to to do" are the issues.
    If you stick with "what they need" you're OK.
    The last time I looked at these I thought the implications were quite scary.
    Many teachers are breaking the rules !

http://www.jcq.org.uk/attachments/published/1260/14.%20Coursework%20ICC%201011.pdf

9. Thanks Mike!