1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Subject report-HELP

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by Jump123, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Hi,
    What would be the essential items to include in a HoDs report on a subject?? Thank you.

2. Lottes

Lottes New commenter

Ha ha!... Hi Jump123, me again!
    Not sure if all these are neccessary, but when we had a Faculty Review, we were asked to comment on the following points. (Think they came from the whole school SEF)
    [*]characteristics of the department and key priorities for development[*]views of learners, parents/carers and other stakeholders[*]achievement and standards (results and progression) with key priorities for development [*]the quality of provision, including teaching and learning and key priorities for development[*]leadership and management of the department with points for development[*]overall effectiveness and efficiency and steps to improve provision (Points for Team Improvement Plan)

3. LOL thanks again. Do I get a free mentor on here???? Thats given me another viewpoint. I have put together something form a Secondary point of view, but my knowledge is more Primary related and the doc is for middle school HoDs. I know lots of things are whole school but how staff work is very different depending on the age range if you know what I mean.Thanks again!!