1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Subject portfolio

Discussion in 'Primary' started by no24, Jan 19, 2011.

1. no24

no24 New commenter

Hi
    Just wanted some advice really. I need to compile a subject portfolio, which will consist of planning and samples of children's work. The portfolio needs to show progression and how the subject is being moved along. Wanted to know if anyone has done this and how they sorted the portfolio out etc. The subject is Geography by the way. It is taught in blocks and each year group teaches one topic per year.
    Thanks for your help.

2. no24

no24 New commenter

Hi
    Just wanted some advice really. I need to compile a subject portfolio, which will consist of planning and samples of children's work. The portfolio needs to show progression and how the subject is being moved along. Wanted to know if anyone has done this and how they sorted the portfolio out etc. The subject is Geography by the way. It is taught in blocks and each year group teaches one topic per year.
    Thanks for your help.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Don't know if this is for Uni, TP or a teacher so obviously requirements will differ. But as a rough guide I would have thought you'd need: some evidence of 'what the children knew' at the start of the unit,;evidence of some lessons incl some LOs & evidence of successes; & then evidence of how children's knowledge had grown/ improved by the end of the unit.
    Hope that's of some help.

4. no24

no24 New commenter

Hi
    Thanks for your help. I'm a teacher by the way so the portfolio is for showing evidence of the subject that I am leading. Anyone got any more advice. Thanks.

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

If it's for leading a subject, you'll also need evidence of how you compare standards across different teachers, graphs showing how for example your teaching/ curriculum emphasis has impacted on boy's writing -or whatever is your current focus, how you monitor teaching within your subject in the school etc etc. no doubt loads more ideas will occur to you.