1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Subject Knowledge Worries. . .

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Laura89Allen, Dec 12, 2011.

1. I've got my Secondary History interview next week at the University of Cumbria, and am really nervous. The majority of my degree has been focussed on Early Modern and just after (1800-1900, World not British). I have very limited knowledge of 20th Century Britain, Hitler, Stalin etc and am worried this will let me down. . . I am more than prepared to learn, but haven't done so as yet. I have a course next term on Britain in the 20th Century, but it is more of a social history - consumerism, gender etc and not WW1/WW2 type stuff. Will this let me down as a candidate?

2. I've got my Secondary History interview next week at the University of Cumbria, and am really nervous. The majority of my degree has been focussed on Early Modern and just after (1800-1900, World not British). I have very limited knowledge of 20th Century Britain, Hitler, Stalin etc and am worried this will let me down. . . I am more than prepared to learn, but haven't done so as yet. I have a course next term on Britain in the 20th Century, but it is more of a social history - consumerism, gender etc and not WW1/WW2 type stuff. Will this let me down as a candidate?