1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Subject knowledge tests for Primary PGCE

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by suziefno1, Dec 30, 2015.

1. suziefno1

suziefno1 New commenter

Hi all

I have 2 interviews in January for Primary PGCE (one schools direct and one at Edge Hill Uni). I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction for prep for the subject knowledge tests.
    I am currently revising for both the literacy and numeracy skills tests which I'm assuming will help for the subject knowledge tests.
    I am unsure what I should be revising for science?
    I am 34 years old so it has been a long time since I was at school. I have looked at the National Curriculum, is there anything else I should be reading?

Thanks.

2. sofia_sen

sofia_sen Occasional commenter

I did some mock exams for bio, physics and chemistry, that helped, especially reading the correct answers. I don't remember the questions now, but it wasn't too hard.

3. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

Apart from the skills tests, any other subject knowledge tests will be provider specific, and it would be sensible for you to check the information you have had from your provider about what they require at interview.

4. teachingspurs

teachingspurs New commenter

The numeracy and literacy tests I had to do in my interview were FAR easier than the skills tests. Generally they just want to see where you are at, unless you perform REALLY badly.