1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Subject Knowledge Booster Course

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by nicolamonty, May 16, 2007.

1. Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice. I have a place on a Subject Knowledge Booster course for Primary English in July, however it will mean two weeks unpaid leave which i really can't afford, especially with the impending skint student year! Does anyone know if this is essential and worth losing the pay for or if i'd be ok without it (I did A-level English). Just not sure what to do!

Thanks

Nicola

2. Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice. I have a place on a Subject Knowledge Booster course for Primary English in July, however it will mean two weeks unpaid leave which i really can't afford, especially with the impending skint student year! Does anyone know if this is essential and worth losing the pay for or if i'd be ok without it (I did A-level English). Just not sure what to do!

Thanks

Nicola

3. was it part of you conditions?

They do tend to be very useful and give out lots of info and are a good way to network.

4. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

I would like to go to one of those courses but there is no chance that I could afford to. They are not essential unless your Uni has specified.

5. Thanks for your replies. No it wasn't part of my offer. That was unconditional. I think i've decided that i can't afford to do it and will try and read up on the course outline topics they gave on the letter. Id like to have gone but its not financially viable.

6. if you are primary, just go on bbc bitesize revision. That's all i did and i passed my 'knowledge of the core' exams and the qts tests. It's all you need so don't worry.

Leo

7. Brilliant. Thanks for the tip Leo. Will have a go at that then.