1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Subject Co-ordinator Advice!

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by CrazyClassroom, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Calling all current or past (or future, like me!) primary PE subject co-ordinators!
    Any advice, resources or words of wisdom to a future PE co-ordinator starting in September?
    What have you found successful?
    Thanks in advance :)

2. Calling all current or past (or future, like me!) primary PE subject co-ordinators!
    Any advice, resources or words of wisdom to a future PE co-ordinator starting in September?
    What have you found successful?
    Thanks in advance :)

3. What will be your responsibilities?

4. Not completely sure at this stage. There is talk of focusing on curriculum based PE more (the school clubs are doing well) and bringing up the general standard.
    Any ideas or strategies for doing this?

5. Lots of... but I'm teaching Dutch curriculum, and I'm pretty sure there are some differences...
    Also, I'm teaching 12-18yr old pupils... not quite sure what curriculum you are looking at...
    I will edit my post... :p
    You are teaching primary... hmmm... I'm thinking of writing down what to expect on what age.
    I'd consider 'what can you do with...' type of education. For instance:
    What can you do with a ball?
    -rolling (rolling towards eachother, rolling towards a goal from big to small, rolling via walls e.g.)
    -bouncing (bouncing towards eachother, bouncing on your own, bouncing via walls e.g. )
    -throwing (towards a goal (for example a newspaper hanging over a line, stacked cans, a hoop on the ground) throwing towards eachother)
    -catching (picking up a rolled ball, bouncing ball, thrown ball)

Now write down what you want your pupils to be able to at the end of KS1, what do you want them to be able to at KS2, 3 ... etc...
    And this was just the example of the ball... In the Netherlands we do this for each basic form of physical movement. There must be english literature on this subject(?).

Is this what you were looking for?

6. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

Are you starting in a new school, or is this a promoted post at your current school?
    What previous experience do you have of/with PE at Primary level?