1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid question, really...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Apr 14, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I'm making a guess too!
    I think that they have left out the punctuation.
    They are giving examples of the type of school that you have worked in. It could be a Junior School, mixed. (this last one is a real guess!). Or Infants. Or Secondary. Or a College.
    I reckon that the most important thing is that you put down there something that they can recognise. So write Jun or Inf or Prim or Sec. But if there's room, write it out in full.
    Have you read all the advice about job seeking: Here's a summary:
    Dear Theo: Cover Letter..
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I think the M is for middle...but I only know that because I spent many happy years teaching in two of them.

But a very old fashioned term to say Junior, Middle and Infant. Most it is Primary or Secondary these days.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Of course! Duh!
    My boys were at middle schools - but they are in their 40's now . . .
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

4. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

Well, those are what I imagined them to stand for, so maybe I'm not as thick as I thought!
    Can I have the job now?
    (And thank you, minnieminx and Theo [​IMG])

5. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I thought J M & I meant Junior, Mixed and Infant, but it is a very old fashioned term.