1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid question about sleeper trains...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4046, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Ok, so I'm going to London via sleeper - the train leaves at 11.50pm and arrives in London at 6.40am. My question is - are you expected to get off the train at 6.40, or do you get time to get dressed and have breakfast? Probably not, eh..?

2. Ok, so I'm going to London via sleeper - the train leaves at 11.50pm and arrives in London at 6.40am. My question is - are you expected to get off the train at 6.40, or do you get time to get dressed and have breakfast? Probably not, eh..?

3. Is it the Caledonian service (not sure if there are any others?) if so seat61 will answer all your questions! I use this for my train travel in Europe, it is usually very accurate.

http://www.seat61.com/CaledonianSleepers.htm

4. voodoo child

voodoo child New commenter

I used to get the sleeper from London to Glasgow and they would bring you a cup of tea and a biscuit and shunt the sleeper into sidings until it was a reasonable time - we got there about 6.00am and would be shunted back to the platform for about 7.30 I think - suggest you check with the railway company as things may have changed. I'd be surprised if they want you off at 6.40am. The sleeper cars will not be needed until the evening again. I absolutely love sleepers - the diddley dee diddley dum of the wheels is very relaxing.

5. When I went on a sleeper from St Petersburg to Moscow they closed the toilets before I had had a morning wee. My Russian wasn't good or even existent enough to argue (not that there was any arguing with those mamas) and that was that. I didn't worry too much at first, because we could go in the station. Er - no, no loos at station. I can't remember how that was all resolved but it was a pretty uncomfortable experience. Great sleep though - and this from an insomniac.
    I don't know the answer to your question though, sorry.

6. Thanks everyone, and I'll explore that link. :)