1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid ideas

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Marshall, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Marshall

Marshall Lead commenter

I have had more time recently to look at other forums and I am totally shocked and dismayed at what headteachers are asking their staff to do.

Too many examples to give but it seems to me that heads are afraid to 'buck the system' and are following inane ideas like sheep - not to do what their schools and children need.

Where will all this end? Academies who dictate everything (including salaries) and more and more teachers leaving the profession and those who stay becoming 'Yes people'.

Need to vent!

install, strawbs, Jesmond12 and 2 others like this.
  2. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

thank you @Marshall , it's one thing to read the likes of me whinging about the current mess but another to have a HT agreeing.

Isn't this a chance for you to prove 'the system' can work. The prophet Gove propounded that Good Academies would thrive whereas the poor ones would have to improve or go under.

Could you attract decent teachers who would otherwise be sickened off? By actually focusing on the school needs?

Most likely of course, you're equally stuffed but thanks for at least thinking of trying.

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Noooooooo
    It's bad enough having every second person on WD generalising their complaints to imply the vast majority of heads are incompetent dictators at best, please don't let current heads start doing it as well.

Startedin82, Flanks, strawbs and 2 others like this.
  4. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

Very few (if any) of the heads I know would ever ask their staff to do the ludicrous types of things you read about on here...

Startedin82, install, Flanks and 2 others like this.
  5. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

I used to think that and when I was a Head I would never have dreamt of doing some of the things that you read about.

However, I have first hand experience of ludicrous things happening and my advise to the person concerned is find another school.

6. Marshall

Marshall Lead commenter

I didn't mean to upset anyone - I suppose it's the ones who post who have the inane things done to them!

Startedin82 and install like this.