1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid adverts

Discussion in 'Personal' started by SleighBelle, Jan 22, 2012.

1. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

We haven't had one of these for a while!
    Just sat through an ad break whilst writing IEPs (yawn) and found myself staring, in slack-jawed cringing amazement, at Jennifer Lopez flailing around in a Fiat 500, singing a god-awful song and looking really serious when dancing.
    Surely, she can't be THAT desperate for money?

2. Go Compare....each one gets more and more cringeworthy...

3. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Off the top of my head, the MacDonalds one where the bloke takes a MaccyD meal into his pregnant wife's scan.

4. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

Argh, yes to both of them....
    Another bug-bear is the 'cash4cars' advert which ends with a big sign saying
    No hidden charges. No fee's
    FEE'S!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

The ad that makes me want to kill is the one that comes up before Corrie where there are 2 moronic women mocking a husband belonging to one or other of them.Their voices drive me mad- and the things they say. Aaaargh.

6. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

The one where the women meet up for coffee and discuss bowel movements! [​IMG]

7. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

You remember the annoying ones, they do it deliberately.
    If you let them irritate they have won.
    Try and mute them and eat a satsuma.
    Forget they ever existed.

8. The new Lurpak one that goes "chop chop chop chop chopping, slice slice slice slice slicing, we're cooking up a rainbow today" etc for about 5 minutes.

9. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

10. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

The Volvo one, likening their latest giant gas guzzler to a racing yatch!
    Do you want a car with NO brakes (boats do not have brakes) that handles like a yatch (they can take several hundred metres to turn), and that takes the wind to get it moving? Which advertising gurus thought of this one?

11. With the antics of some of the people I've seen in the local hospital ante-natal room recently... this would not surprise me one bit if it actually happened.
    The big one that annoys me is the Disneyland one with the fridge magnets - it's not the kids - it's the sheer level of smug educational mummy clarifying that yes, it's Disneyworld/land (I always forget which is which), Florida in America... just in case anyone listening thought she was a pleb who'd slum it at Eurodisney!

12. wowcher

13. grammarlady

grammarlady Occasional commenter

Waahaahaa!!! What the heck is a yatch??? [​IMG]

14. inky

inky Lead commenter

Wonga is the pits. We Buy Any Car comes in a close second.

On the other hand, I'm fond of the Trade Boys ad on the radio. Me and the lads.....

15. Wowcher, the McDondald's scan (it's the sound of the bag!) and Mr Muscle (why change him?). The most irritating is the Direct Line one with the grey haired man and curly haired woman.

16. I LOVE the Trade Boys radio ad!

17. Honey Loop

Honey Loop New commenter

I hate the stupid 'Purple Ronnie-esque' stick person on the Confused.com ads. Mostly as I imagined the person to be male, what with the hair, an' all