1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Studying Brazil in School

Discussion in 'Geography' started by Fliss22, Sep 4, 2011.

1. [​IMG] Hello All,
    I have just established a link with another school in Brazil and I want to start a Brazil topic learning all about the country, lifestyle and food etc.
    Does anyone have any ideas or any suggestions if they have done this before? Any help would be gratefully recieved.
    Thanks

2. [​IMG] Hello All,
    I have just established a link with another school in Brazil and I want to start a Brazil topic learning all about the country, lifestyle and food etc.
    Does anyone have any ideas or any suggestions if they have done this before? Any help would be gratefully recieved.
    Thanks

3. jennycooke

jennycooke New commenter

www.oddizzi.com has got some good stuff on Brazil!

4. Just a quick note to say be careful with Brazil.
    It is booming economically and developing really quickly and therefore what you may see in textbooks etc is bound to be very out of date.
    I visited brazil this summer and was very surprised it completely changed my perception of the country.
    Having said that if you send me your email I might have a few things i could send you.

5. The Brazilian Embassy has a fantastic website with full SOW for both primary and secondary schools. I have found some of the secondary resources really engaging and others giving good ideas on how to teach about this rapidly changing and developing country. Check it out and good luck - Kate

http://www.brazil.org.uk/brazilintheschool/index.html