1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Study Skills

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by NickyH89, Jan 24, 2011.

1. I teach on the Learning Disabilty Qualification and will soon be delivering the new Health and Social Care Diploma. I have experienced difficulties with learners having the confidence and motivation to complete assignments after being out of the learning environment for some time. I am looking at incorporating some study skills into the support sessions we provide, has anyone got any ideas of activities that i can incorporate that will help learners get back into studying?

2. I teach on the Learning Disabilty Qualification and will soon be delivering the new Health and Social Care Diploma. I have experienced difficulties with learners having the confidence and motivation to complete assignments after being out of the learning environment for some time. I am looking at incorporating some study skills into the support sessions we provide, has anyone got any ideas of activities that i can incorporate that will help learners get back into studying?

3. Are we talking "study to pass an exam" assignments or writing essays assignments? I can give you some ideas re the "Study to pass an exam" assignment

4. But PLEASE mean reals ones!
    I HATE getting the trained to pass and exam type students... it can take months and 2 or 3 failed exams to get the message through!
    I may be able to help!