1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Study Skills Tutor Post - SpLd’s/disabilities within the Disability & Dyslexia Service (DDS)

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by waterlillies, Oct 23, 2017.

1. waterlillies

waterlillies New commenter

Hi,

A bit of advice again please! I came across this post - it's part time at a university (only 0.3) but permanent and the uni is only 5 min drive from me.

They want the skills tutor 1-2-1 to be subject specific (core subject) and I have that degree and qualified (pgce +nqt done) so well qualified in that part but I don't have any experience working with SpLd’s/disabilities/ Dyslexia.

The job role says
    a) A clear understanding of issues relating to disabilities, including SpLd’s, Autistic Spectrum, Mental Health etc and the potential impact on learning for students in higher education.

Anyone can point me to some websites for more understanding in this area please? I have tutoring 1 to 1 experience and it just sounds like a job I would like rather than class teaching.

Thank you!