1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Students in classrooms

Discussion in 'Primary' started by miss_mel, Apr 15, 2012.

1. After the holidays, I have two students each doing placements in my classroom. I am racking my brains for all the ways that I can use them as I love having extra adults in my class (although one is still at school). At the minute, all I can think of is getting them to hear readers in class, working with a new EAL child in class (dependent on the level of their English which is unknown until tomorrow morning) and oversee group rehearsals for the class assembly. Any more ideas?

2. inq

inq

Filing, designing and putting up a display, working with a group on drama type activities in literacy levels, 1-1 work with children who are struggling with a maths concept, helping with a guided reading group, using a tick list to monitor who is on/off task every 2 minutes whilst you do an input.
    A lot depends upon what the students are like, what they are wanting to get out of the experience (work experience Y10's are very different to pre PGCE students), what age group children you have and what your class are like.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Work with a guided group in maths and literacy.

Read the story at the end of the day allowing you to photocopy, put up displays, whatever.

Do some extra phonics work with those who need it in the afternoons.

4. All great ideas thanks. This is the first time I have a set of students so ideas are at a limit. One of them is a prospective GTP student so guided group work would be ideal. Hopefully they could also bring their own ideas as to what they want to achieve from the placement too.