1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Student teachers graduating this year...

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by tomd0801754, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Hi all, its my first post here, so go easy on me ;). Thought I would start with some light discussion as it is a sunday morning!
    How are you feeling about the upcoming NQT year?
    Have you got a job sorted yet?
    If not, how are the interviews/applications coming along?
    x

2. Hi all, its my first post here, so go easy on me ;). Thought I would start with some light discussion as it is a sunday morning!
    How are you feeling about the upcoming NQT year?
    Have you got a job sorted yet?
    If not, how are the interviews/applications coming along?
    x

3. Hi!

Welcome to the forum! (I don't post that often, so I am kinda new too)

I am EXCITED about the NQT year, but throw in a few nerves and "OHMYGODS" too!

I am one of the lucky ones who has got a job- got it in December, which is really early, but it has taken some pressure off.

How about you? how is your training year going?

Soxy

4. I can't actually wait, however feel very similar with the addition of nerves and how am I even gonna do it? lol.
    Wow! Go you! That is exceptionally early! :) Unfortunately, I have had little back so far. 2 interviews, both pools. 1 nay, 1 waiting to hear back from still. I generally do well with my application but poor on interviews.
    What Uni you at? Where is your job (in county terms ;) )
    x

5. i'm going to stick with county terms on both... just in case :p

university= Hampshire

new job = Sussex

Can't wait- means I can move back to the countryside and leave a city!! :)

Ah you will get a job soon, it is still quite early on. What subject are you?

6. Primary with SEN. Yourself?

7. I can't wait until I'm an NQT. My planning will speed up so much more when it doesn't need to be so detailed (I can easily just plan the AfL etc in my head) and I'm really looking forward to having my own classes, seeing as at the moment all the kids know that I'm only there until June, and they've realised their normal teacher is still in the room!
    I know it's going to be really hard work as an NQT, but I feel I'll get out of it what I put into it.
    So far sent off two applications, got my first interview for a gorgeous rural school a week on Monday. Was shocked when the Head himeself rang me, just makes me more keen to get the job! Nice amount of time to plan for it too.
    I'm secondary Science, btw.

8. rainbow_gold

rainbow_gold New commenter

I am soooo looking forward to nqt year :)
    I too am a lucky one with a job sorted to start in Sept, so feel slightly less pressure as can forget about job apps now - however it has made me more impatient with all the paper pushing you have to do as a trainee and made me just want to start the job properly now!
    I can't wait to have a classroom, to have my own classes, and to ditch the assignments!!!!
    p.s. im secondary english xxx

9. me too! :)

10. Im really looking forward to starting as an NQT too. Had a couple of job interviews so far that sadly I didn't get - due primarily to the fact I'd be an NQT...sucks. Find out on wednesday if I've been shortlisted for another.

I really enjoy teaching, and I too can't wait to not use those big in depth lesson plan proformas! They can be useful, but most of the time I need to throw them out the window due to the events in the classroom, it'll be far better to just have one or two planned activities and build the lesson around them!
    Good luck to everyone out there! (I'm Secondary science by the way)