1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Student teacher

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by benjyboat, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Hi All,i'm coming to the end of my GTP(maths) but I'm not sure if I want to carry on with my induction year straight after that.I love teaching but I need at least a year break after my GTP.Will this affect me in any way?How long am I required legally to complete my induction year?Thanks
    Welchy

2. Hi All,i'm coming to the end of my GTP(maths) but I'm not sure if I want to carry on with my induction year straight after that.I love teaching but I need at least a year break after my GTP.Will this affect me in any way?How long am I required legally to complete my induction year?Thanks
    Welchy

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

You can complete induction any time however it is recommended within 5 years. You can only do supply for 16 months (from the first day supply no matter how much/little you do)
    Why do you want a break? Will summer not be enough? How will you show recent experience if you get to interview after your year break? You don't need to answer just have a think about it as you may have to explain yourself in application letters.
    I hope you find what you're looking for xx